This Job listing For Year 2022 is about IQVIA in New York, NY
About the job
Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Our innovative software team is working on developing content management solutions is expanding its SaaS Operations team and currently looking for seasoned and entry level professionals to assist with our future.
As a Product Support Technician / Data Analyst you would participate in architecture design, software deployment, developer support, and system configuration, all while ensuring our clients’ data stays safe, secure and highly available.
- Under limited guidance, manages and coordinates the qualification and deployment of systems.
- Collaborates with business leaders, end users, other IT departments, and software vendors to develop and provide appropriate support strategies for regional and global business applications.
- Provides technical support, consulting, and system-related cost/benefit analysis to project teams, customers, business leaders, and bid defense teams. Collaborates with various groups to assist in the production of the system architecture and data model.
- Assists in the vendor and product selection process and identifies new technologies and assists in the determination of support requirements. Also provides level 3 support services for regional and global business applications. Serves in a lead capacity for Product Support Specialists.
- Improve and document the technical processes around application support (using Confluence)
- Collaborate with Account Managers on change requests, managing issues, establishing priorities, capacity planning and troubleshooting and representing the interests of supported business groups.
- Produce and assist training and communication programs.
- Handle late night and weekend emergency support on a rotational basis.
- Interact with software vendors, Infrastructure services, and/or Applications Development to restore service and/or correct core problems.
- Communicate IT issues to business units at various levels of seniority.
- Manage and coordinate the implementation of internal, external and off-the-shelf business applications with all IT and business groups.
- Coordinate validation activities related to the deployment of business applications.
- Manage and support vendor contracts to established service level agreements.
- Work closely with customers to identify business requirements and opportunities in relation to IT systems and services.
- Identify and assess technologies, skills, and resources required.
- Maintain knowledge of the IT industry, analyze the abilities of tools and technologies and compare with the needs of the business, recommend potential solutions to managers within the business.
- All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
- Work in Shift to provide support during US and Europe hours.
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Excellent Communication skills and ability to work on their own.
- Supporting multiple applications and ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Relational database experience.
- System deployment/implementation expertise.
- Possesses exemplary written and verbal skills and good leadership and mentoring skills.
- Experience using technologies such as: Puppet, Hiera, Foreman, Ruby, Apache Solr, Tomcat, CentOS, Packer, Vagrant, Splunk, PostgreSQL
- Experience in a highly available cloud environment
- Working knowledge of Linux operations (CentOS, RHEL, Oracle Linux)
- Ability to work well in a fast paced team environment
- Working knowledge of automation and management software like Puppet and Packer
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and troubleshooting
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware, Amazon EC2 and VirtualBox
Minimum Required Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology preferred
- 3+ years business experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] to arrange for such an accommodation.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: N/A