This listing is about IBM in Sandy Springs, GA
About the job
If So, Please Read On
Do you have a passion for learning and applying modern Agile Framework and Project Methodology . Are you excited to use these practices to deliver and manage mission critical services. Are you a quick thinker.
Above all, we are looking for applicants who will thrive in an open, vibrant, flexible, fun-spirited, collaborative environment and desire creative freedom and an opportunity to work on high performing teams!
Do you love to solve business problems with systems and integrations? Do you want every day to be a bit different and allow you to work with individuals across the spectrum of the organization? Are you an Analyst that can build your knowledge of operations across multiple departments?
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a strong Iteration Manager/Project Manager to join our CIO Team. This role is located in the IBM office in Atlanta, Georgia. We are looking for a true team player that can work as Iteration Manager to support not only development, testing and rollout of changes to support IBM’s Point of Presence (PoP)/Datacenters but that can create a support model to worldwide organizations. This candidate will need to have a strong and recent background with MS products and also required are familiarity with Agile methods and tools, as well as a suite of skills that will support this overall initiative. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, able to work on-site.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A minimum of five years’ experience in Iteration/Project Management.
- Demonstrated communication skills in a customer facing environment.
- A minimum of five years of experience in (verb)- leading, writing, researching, guiding, managing, etc.
- Manage a team of experienced technical professionals by facilitating operational task management in a transparent, collaborative manner
- Work with the team to remove impediments blocking the completion of work or commitments
- Direct the execution of daily tasks and squad activity to ensure business commitments are achieved
- Foster demonstrated communication and productive relationships to coordinate work with Product Owners, team members, partners, and other stakeholders
- Set the team up for success by leveraging agile ceremonies, including showcases, retrospectives and scrums
- Regularly track metrics and reporting on programs to leadership and identify areas for improvement
- Professional and effective communication skills, strong organizational skills and the ability to collaborate successfully across IBM and our external providers, working seamlessly with engineers, designers and support teams
- Be able to independently manage multiple aspects of product development and deployment to IBM employees with a strong focus on the user experience, security, simplification and automation
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- 5+ years’experience with the Microsoft product suite
- PMI Certification with 5+ years managing development and support teams
- Demonstrated experience in Agile Methods and Tools such as Github, Jira, Box, WebEx, Slack, etc.
- Experience overseeing both development and production support teams
- Demonstrated effective communication skills in a high-profile environment.
- Team leadership, problem solving, negotiation, teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail
- Previous experience working with a global enterprise
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM’s 350,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
This job requires you to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to your start date, where legally permissible. Proof of vaccination status will be required. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical, pregnancy or religious reasons, we offer accommodations in accordance with applicable law.
Your Life @ IBM
Throughout the day, you will collaborate with your teammates and interact with our product owners and extended team – all while being based in Atlanta, Georgia (remote work will start this assignment, with pending move back to IBM facility)
Work in an open environment where creativity is welcome and encouraged
Staying relevant with respect to emerging trends in areas related to MS, Cloud technologies and Agile practices
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job Location: Sandy Springs, GA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org