This listing is about IBM in Paramus, NJ
About the job
Are you a self-starter, a go-getter and a leader? In the IBM AI Applications business unit, you will find a culture that rewards such entrepreneurial spirit! We are looking for talented, energetic individuals who have a strong sense of ownership, execution, and focus on customer success!
As a Solutions Engineer at IBM, you are THE technical expert and advisor to our customers, to the sales team and to our Business Partners. You understand the customers’ business requirements, technical requirements, and competitive landscape. You apply your business insight, build and maintain customer relationships, incorporate technology and services, and ensure customer readiness for the implementation of proposed technical solutions.
This is YOUR opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and our customers, as well as for yourself. Start your journey now, by joining our amazing team of experts!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Solutions Engineer is a technical pre-sales specialist who provides prospects, customers, IBM business partners and the IBM’s sales team with in-depth domain, product, solutions and/or technical product expertise covering the IBM AI Applications Supply Chain Solutions portfolio which is focused on our IBM Sterling Order Management solution. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
The SE engages in pre-sales activity of the sales cycle including: sales/business discussions, solution discovery, solution and business assessments, solution demonstrations, pilots and Proof of Concepts. They understand the client’s business requirements, technical requirements and competitive landscape as it pertains to the IBM AI Apps Supply Chain solution pillar (Order Management). This role requires a consultative, solutions-focused approach that requires in-depth needs analysis (discovery), art of the possible demonstrations, customized presentations and demonstrations, and delivery of written documentation and other material to support the sales team and sales opportunities. When engaged for a specific opportunity or project, the SE role is responsible for the technical accuracy of the proposed solution.
Responsibilities of a SE Professional as trusted advisor includes
- Client discovery, delivering art of the possible and tailored solution demonstrations for key client stakeholders
- Supporting responses to RFPs (request for proposals/RFPs and requests for information/RFIs)
- Creatively prescribing solutions to help solve a client’s business initiatives and challenges
- Communicating solution proposals at any level of the business required from a CxO to a detailed business and/or technical sponsor
- Performs in-depth analysis/discovery of customer’s business and technical requirements and develops clear definition of the appropriate solution including; business use case demonstrations, associated operational and value benefits, and overall value proposition of the IBM solution set
- Develops, maintains and delivers solution demonstrations to solve customer’s business and technical requirements
- Leads and participates in pre-sales solution architecture discussions
- Is able to maintain an advanced understanding of the AI Apps solutions and ecosystem
- Knowledgeable in connected 3rd party space applications (for example: ERP systems, Transportation Management (TMS), and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS))
- Ensures client success through deployment strategies (i.e. Engaging services and business partners to help a customer successfully deploy the technology)
- Contributes to Opportunity Identification
The technical pre-sales specialist should have a thorough knowledge of the AI Apps solutions. Must have a proven record of successfully understanding client issues and pulling together strategies to ensure the client is successful. Excellent customer relations; verbal and written communications skills. Ability to successfully work with sales reps to close business deals. Ability to manage multiple accounts and associated opportunities simultaneously. Ability to learn IBM’s line of products and services. Ability to analyze and resolve business and technical challenges. Ability to negotiate and prioritize projects.
Preference to hire in one of the following cities with flexibility to reside in reasonable commutable distance: Boston MA, Buffalo NY, New York NY, Philadelphia PA, Pittsburgh PA, Stamford CT, Columbus OH, Cincinnati OH, Cleveland OH, or within the states of Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3+ years of experience with IBM Sterling Order Management and/or competing solutions
- Strong technical expertise in the area of Order Management
- Strong expertise and knowledge in supply chain management processes; supply and demand planning, inventory management, distribution network optimization, order fulfillment, logistics and transportation, and control towers
- Experience within one or more of the following industries: Retail, Distribution, Consumer Package Goods, Travel and Transportation
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Strong experience and understanding of pre-sales support processes is a plus
- Understanding of the systems and products that make up the AI Apps ecosystem (i.e. Asset Management, ERP, Order Management, Transportation Management, Warehouse Management, B2B/EDI, etc.)
- Helpful to have demonstrated knowledge of key blockchain concepts such as distributed ledgers, track and trace, smart contracts, security, privacy and cryptography
- Formal sales training courses (i.e. Demo2Win, Solution Selling, Strategic Selling, Challenger Sale, Target Account Selling, Integrity Selling, etc.)
- Knowledge of Containerization and Kubernetes (i.e. Red Hat OpenShift)
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
This job requires you to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to your start date, where legally permissible. Proof of vaccination status will be required. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical, pregnancy or religious reasons, we offer accommodations in accordance with applicable law.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM sales incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the applicable plan, all of which is subject to change.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job Location: Paramus, NJ
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org