This listing is about IBM in Armonk, NY
About the job
Software Engineers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Application modernization is a new initiative in IBM, which is transforming the way IBM works. We are creating a better developer experience for all developers within IBM. Software Engineer’s primary responsibility is to drive the transformation of IBM applications to modern architecture & latest technology stack, to be deployed on Hybrid Cloud. We cultivate an open, healthy, diverse, and engaging work environment where team members are continuously gaining new skills which align with individual interests.
Responsibilities May Include
- Ability to analyze current code and existing design with the goal of enacting improvements geared towards making processes more efficient.
- Evaluating and selecting appropriate modernization tools to enhance our teams’ productivity and user experience.
- Leading coding practices/standards creation and applying standards during code reviews.
- Participate in design, development, review, and test efforts for App & Data Modernization.
- Leads multi-functional teams or conducts special projects.
You will be challenged to design and develop scalable systems, leveraging a wide variety of open source and commercial technologies, closely collaborating with IBM Research and Red Hat.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
A combination of education, technical training, and/or work/military experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, etc.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and principles, experience in an Agile team
- Understanding of DevOps practices (Continuous Integration/Delivery/Monitoring/etc)
- Willingness to work with the entire stack (from the database to containers to monitoring and alerting)
- Ability to write and review code and make decisions regarding technical implementations
- Growth mindset
One Or More Of
- One or more object-oriented programming languages, Python language skills are a plus
- Web app development
- General database knowledge
- Working with third party APIs
- Automated testing frameworks
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Previous experience as a Backend or Full Stack Developer
- Proficient in Node.js (async/await), and TypeScript or Java
- Experience in working with containers and container management systems including Docker, Kubernetes and/or OpenShift
- SQL/No SQL Databases knowledge
- Cloud computing knowledge
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM’s 350,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
This job requires you to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to your start date, where legally permissible. Proof of vaccination status will be required. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical, pregnancy or religious reasons, we offer accommodations in accordance with applicable law.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job Location: Armonk, NY
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com