This listing is about Hussmann in Menlo Park, CA
About the job
ERM is hiring a Principal Environmental Consultant embedded with a key technology client supporting facilities in the Bay Area and based in Burlingame or Sunnyvale, CA. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge in environmental compliance including air and waste programs, with specific knowledge and experience in the high-tech industry. As a senior level consultant, you will work closely with the client who will provide technical direction on meeting rules and regulations applicable to their operations.
- Provide technical expertise, oversight, and quality control on environmental permitting and compliance projects and related activities in support of ERM clients’ projects and facilities.
- Lead process improvement initiatives and strategies and conduct inspections with regulatory agencies.
- Oversight of staff and complex environmental deliverables. Responsible for formal agency filings, submittals, and certifications on behalf of clients.
- Oversee plans, permits, and reports for hazardous waste, air quality, storm water, NPDES, and wastewater programs.
- Execute task and project management requirements to assist in the implementation of environmental compliance and management system programs and processes. Specific duties may include: equipment evaluation and regulatory assessments, conducting programmatic management of change (MOC) tasks, quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) evaluations, and documentation of best practices and lessons learned.
- Provide expertise in applicable environmental regulations including air and waste and industry applications as a member of a technology team with the support of other ERM subject matter experts.
- Be an active team member on projects and maintain client’s scope/budget/schedule expectations.
- Ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with our clients and other ERM employees.
- BA/BS degree in environmental studies, planning, environmental engineering, chemistry, or related field; MS Technical Degree preferred; PE, CEP, AICP or similar registration desired.
- 10+ years of experience in permitting, agency coordination, and EHS compliance projects.
- Experience developing plans, permits, and reports for hazardous waste, air quality, storm water, NPDES, and wastewater programs.
- Knowledge of the key air, water, and waste permitting and management issues within the technology and manufacturing sectors, as well as a high degree of technical competence and broad knowledge of environmental compliance best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients.
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation, strategic thinking, and “people” skills.
- Well-developed teambuilding and influencing skills; unquestioned integrity; and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address client and business needs and challenges.
- Ability to navigate complex relationships with clients, regulators, and other stakeholders
Who We Are
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Job Location: Menlo Park, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org