Website HouseWorks LLC
This Job listing is about HouseWorks LLC in Shrewsbury, MA 2022 exclusively on us.q4jobs.com
Fueled by a real understanding of today’s challenges, HouseWorks is committed to a fundamental re-imagining of what it means to age. With over 20 years of operating experience, we have built a replicable service prototype, developed profitable, long-standing referral relationships, and created an innovative brand that positions us to serve the future customer. HouseWorks has grown to be one of the largest single-site private home care companies in the country and is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of its employees and the people it serves.
We are embarking on an exciting new growth chapter that focuses on client service excellence, caregiver engagement, technological innovation, and growth in new markets.
We are a mission-driven organization that is dedicated to improving the lives of seniors as they age. We are passionate about what we do — providing seniors and their families with a comprehensive, vetted and coordinated in-home service network that is high-touch, tech-enabled, compassionate and extremely well managed. We are in the exciting and dynamic home healthcare industry. Our market opportunity is large and growing as the baby boomers age and the home increasingly becomes the epicenter for care as consumers demand convenience and lower-cost solutions.
Responsible for administration of the company’s FMLA, LOA and ADA claims for assigned groups. Additional responsibilities include recruitment of staff for office positions and maintaining HRMS system records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Main point of contact for assigned groups for all FMLA, LOA and ADA claims, ensuring the employee’s documentation is in order and their status is maintained in systems and with the insurance providers. Provide consistent follow up with employee throughout their leave while keeping the reporting manager informed on the leave status and return to work dates.
- Creates and sends timely LOA communications to employees in accordance with applicable regulations and company policies.
- Assists with workers’ compensation claims with insurance provider in a timely manner and serves as a liaison with insurers.
- Provides information and guidance to employees regarding LOA and workers’ compensation policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of state and federal laws and government regulations relating to LOAs and workers’ compensation.
- Assists with responding to employees’ disability accommodation requests and the reasonable accommodation process.
- Maintains LOA tracking and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) log.
- Supports the recruitment and onboarding of office employees.
- Maintain HRMS system records under the guidance of the HR Director by making necessary changes to personnel data and working status (personal data, transfers, promotions, terminations, etc.)
- Responsible for employment verifications
- Optimizes own work processes within unit, and suggests improvements in work procedures, contributing to operational efficiency
- Handles HR data and secures maintenance of system data across the organization
- Performs internal reporting according to standard procedures
- Escalates complex issues to management for guidance
- Maintains confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 4+ years of equivalent HR experience
- 1-3 years’ experience with FMLA, disability insurance and workers’ compensation
- Ability to handle confidential, sensitive, and personal information appropriately.
- Detail oriented and with strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulations related to leaves including FMLA, state specific entitlements, USERRA, ADA/ADAAA.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with all levels of the organization and with external vendors
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
HouseWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
Powered by JazzHR