Website Holland & Barrett
Are you looking for a Job at Holland Barrett in United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
PRINCIPAL ENGINEER (Java)
Are you hungry to join a passionate engineering team and make an immediate impact working on exciting greenfield projects, where you actually get to visibly see your work help entirely transform our business!
Then join us at here at Holland & Barrett, one of the nation’s most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business.
About Engineering at Holland & Barrett
We are investing heavily in technology as the key driving force in delivering great customer experience with personalised wellness journeys both online and in-store, along with convenience in service and delivery, and with increasing product propositions.
We are putting our efforts in building the right solutions over buying generic ones, and we embrace automation and testing in all things software, infrastructure and data. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do.
At the core of every great technology we build is an obsessive attention to detail that makes our tech fast, simple, resilient, secure, operable, observable and scalable.
Every day presents a different challenge, but is filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation. We work hard in Holland & Barrett because we love the work we do, we love the people we do it with, we know we can count on each other to deliver and especially because we know the tech we build makes a difference for customers.
Join us and see how far you can go…
Location: London – Full Remote Working
The Principal Engineer will be a key member of the engineering vertical working across multiple squads
• Design and deliver enterprise software with quality, operating independently across teams.
• Lead design of software across the enterprise and work with the Product Manager, TPM, other development teams to deliver without much oversight.
• Implement performant software using documented algorithms and methods of software optimisation on functional team platform
• Code with languages that Holland and Barrett Tech utilises
• Lead on the various features being built as part of the product roadmap across the teams
• Own cross-teams infrastructure and projects architecture
• Understand and evangelise the implications and trade-offs of reliability, scalability, adoption, operational costs, recruiting.
• Have deep technical expertise in business-critical areas
• Work in close collaboration with the technical leadership to select new technologies.
• Undertake deep research for evaluating options for delivering solutions
• Promote culture, champion processes and setting standards for fellow engineering team members.
• Build and review engineering design documentation.
• Identify risks ahead of major project kick offs starting
With regards to your technical expertise, you must be able to demonstrate:
• A Degree or equivalent exposure to programming
• Very strong Java development background
• Strong experience developing and working in a virtualized environment.
• Strong experience using container based APIs including Docker, Docker Swarm, or Kubernetes.
• Strong Experience implementing scalable software systems and platforms.
• Experience with unit and integration testing
• Experience in building microservices : APIs, event-driven with a choice of SQL or NoSQL data store
• Agile/scrum development experience. Embraces Agile and encourages other to embrace and agile way of working
• Demonstrated mastery and expertise of 3 or more domains of retail technology (i.e.; inventory management, UX development, performance testing, data integrity)
• Experience with DevOps concepts & working on CI/CD
• Strong experience with functional programming
• Experience in building reliable, monitored and maintainable systems
• Experience with cloud computing, ideally AWS
• Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams.
• Ability to solve problems and think across different scales from the strategic right down to the code optimization and debugging level
• Ability to separate essential complexity from incidental complexity and a desire to reduce complexity
? Technology Incentive Scheme – we offer different bonus schemes for all grades in Technology, starting at 10%.
? Learning and Development opportunity with Holland & Barrett is a great base for career development long term.
? Career progression
? Pension company contribution
✈️ Your wellbeing is paramount so you can get away and take 28 or 33 Days Holiday per year.
? Refer and Earn Scheme – as we’re growing you can earn money by referring people to join us from your network.
? Epic Extras gives you access to exclusive benefits, free advice and savings from a range of retailers and providers.
? Stay healthy with Discounted Products – from day one you’ll get a 25% discount (on top of other promotions) when you shop at H&B on anything that you buy.
?? We all need a little help sometimes, so we offer Free 24/7 Confidential Advice & Colleague Welfare.
? Mental Health First Aiders – we have lots of qualified Mental Health First Aiders because its all about your health & wellbeing.
? We have colleague Reward and Recognition Schemes, so your hard work and loyalty won’t go unnoticed.
? And many more!
Company: Holland & Barrett
Job Location: United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org