Website Hirose Electric USA
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Hirose Electric USA in San Jose, CA
About the job
Reports to the Regional Sales Director
Primary responsibility is new business development and managing local distribution branch activities.
Responsibilities include identifying and developing new customers within targeted market segments, develop a strong knowledge of industry trends, market leaders and emerging customers. In conjunction with Hirose’s Sales and Segment directives, engages directly with customers to carry out defined Go to Market strategies.
Distribution branch activities to include design registration approvals, quarterly planning sessions, target account sales promotion, joint sales calls, and POS management.
Responsibility mix of above is 70% new business development and 30% distribution branch activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AS BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
1. Cultivate OEM accounts in collaboration with the Hirose segment leaders and Regional Sales team to drive revenue growth in targeted end application segments.
2. Responsible for new business development in assigned geographic territory.
3. Maintain close, and on-going communications with the Regional Sales Director, Segment Leaders, and Account Managers.
4. Build professional network to help identify new business.
5. Utilize knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop selling propositions and differentiators.
6. Work with global engineering and sales teams to develop proposals and present products that meet customer requirements.
7. Research and present market data to segment teams to identify new product development opportunities.
8. Act as bridge between Regional Sales teams and Segment Sales and Marketing.
9. Effectively identify and build relationships with key customer decision makers.
10. As requested, assist with sales lead follow-up.
11. Conduct or assist with product exhibitions (technical shows) at the OEM.
12. Obtain customer’s business information, such as, business size, who is their competitors, # of engineers, future business plan, etc.
13. Prepare and submit sales activity reports on a timely basis including monthly activity report, visit reports, Sales Force updates, and product forecasting.
14. Attend sales meetings upon request and present market, account, and project status updates.
15. Plan and conduct quarterly planning sessions including product training.
16. Maintain Hirose distributor registration program and quote activities within assigned region.
17. Ensure Design Registrations are processed in a timely manner and resolve any conflicts.
18. Develop strong relationship with account managers at each distribution branches.
19. Accountable for local distribution success including growth in POS, new design registrations, existing customer penetration, and new account development.
20. Manage and drive branch engagement with Distributor Management teams, inside sales, customer service and sales teams.
21. Maintain high visibility at Branch locations to ensure Hirose’s products are positioned as the connector of choice.
22. Conduct frequent opportunity reviews with Distributor Account Managers to drive accountability as well as to directly involve yourself into the largest revenue potential opportunities.
23. Buddy calls with channel sales teams to drive opportunities for Hirose and identify areas of focus.
24. Establish corrective action plan for distributors with poor performance and escalate to RSM.
25. Ensure Hirose Marketing collateral is distributed and available to distribution team.
26. Ensure sales opportunities are loaded in SalesForce.com
27. Conduct product exhibitions (Technical Shows) at customers.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERFACE
Excellent written, oral and presentation skills to communicate and interface with all levels of customers and within Hirose globally.
No Direct Reports
PROBLEM SOLVING AND JUDGEMENT
Must be able to handle a variety of business situations including customer inquiries, strategic pricing, delivery, and quality issues.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. BA / BS degree from an accredited college or university
2. Five + years’ sales experience.
3. Two+ years’ sales experience in the electronic component industry strongly preferred.
4. Demonstrated history of developing new business
5. Technical aptitude. Connector knowledge a plus.
6. Strong first-hand knowledge of the Distribution.
7. Organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills must be above average. Ability to manage multiple assignments while meeting deadlines and quality standards.
8. Possess excellent communication skills (oral and written) in order to work with both external and internal customers. Able to clearly and concisely communicate across different cultures.
9. Excellent presentation skills including creating PowerPoint presentations.
10. Ability to resolve issues and escalate in a timely fashion and to the customer’s needs.
11. Computer literate and proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Sales Force.
12. Self-motivated & positive attitude.
13. Must be able to travel up to 25% of time to distributor locations and customers.
Hirose Electric (U.S.A.), Inc. may need to revise or change the essential and supplemental responsibilities of the position as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Company: Hirose Electric USA
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: San Jose, CA
Application Deadline: N/A