Website Hexagon PPM
Are you looking for a Job at Hexagon PPM in Swindon, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Are you a DevOps or Platform Engineer who likes a challenge?
Are you interested in helping build the company’s next generation of cloud platform? Our existing products are used in some of the largest companies around the world, and we’re aiming to transform them to a cloud-native SaaS platform to support the next generation of our business. If you’re a great engineer who’s ready for their next adventure, then we’re looking for you.
What do we offer?
- Flexible working practices with in-office, hybrid or remote options available
- Personal development time (with potential to learn other technologies), so you can continue to develop yourself
- We use an industry-standard online tool for training however you can submit a request for consideration for further training/certification if required
- Agile environment – when opportunities arise you can apply for training (e.g. Scrum Master training)
About the job:
We currently provide an on-prem product that is being transformed to a cloud-based architecture. The job will primarily involve automating the build and release process to the public cloud. This is a collaborative environment with multi-discipline teams and while we love specialists, you’ll be expected to muck in across the board and contribute to whatever your team needs.
We expect you to:
- Contribute to a cloud transformation for our key applications
- Have a minimum of 5 years software development experience with at least 2 years in either a DevOps role with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery or a Platform role automating the provisioning of systems in Azure, or other public cloud, using IaaS and PaaS products
- Have knowledge automating, building, and supporting modern digital service platforms in Azure or other public cloud
- Adopt ‘Automation of everything’ as a key, ground-up design principle, considered in everything built by all teams
- Continually improve DevOps practice and tooling to provide a high-quality developer experience
- Be fluent in either PowerShell or Bash
- Have a good understanding of Docker container images including building, securing, and managing
- Have good knowledge of Kubernetes including Azure K8s services
- Have experience with Terraform
- Have good interpersonal skills and be quick to learn
- Be quality and process driven with an attention to detail
- Write well designed, testable, metrics driven code in a timely manner
- Work effectively on your own initiative or as part of a multi-discipline team
- Work across disciplines to assist in reducing risk by using creative automated solutions
- Keep up to date with current technology trends
- Have strong multitasking skills and experience working in fast paced and dynamic environments
- Have experience of cloud-native SaaS and PaaS technologies
We would like you to have:
- Good Azure DevOps knowledge and experience of pipelines with an emphasis on yaml multi-stage pipelines
- Experience of working in Agile environments
- Experience of modern version control systems including git
- Experience with Packer
- Experience with both Linux and Windows operating systems
- Strong documentation skills and be willing to produce end user documentation
- Experience monitoring distributed systems
- Full lifecycle experience of migrating and automating installation of apps into the cloud
- Experience of maintaining and fine-tuning Azure stacks and deployment pipelines
- Experience of configuration management
- Entry-level certification with a public cloud provider (Azure)
We’d ideally like to hear from people with these skills, but the main thing we’re looking for are great engineers – so even if you’re not an exact match but can bring other relevant skills and experience to the table, then we’d love to hear from you!
Hexagon is a global leader in sensor, software and autonomous solutions. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, and quality across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, safety, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping urban and production ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous – ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s PPM division empowers its clients to transform unstructured information into a smart digital asset to visualize, build, and manage structures and facilities of all complexities, ensuring safe and efficient operation throughout the entire lifecycle.
Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) has approximately 21,000 employees in 50 countries and net sales of approximately 3.9bn EUR. Learn more at hexagon.com and follow us @HexagonAB
© 2021 Hexagon AB and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates. All rights reserved.
As part of our recruitment process you may be required to complete a background and/or reference check. If this is required you will be notified in advance, and be asked for your authorisation before the check takes place.
All details will be provided via the background check policy.
Company: Hexagon PPM
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Swindon, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com