Website Heritage Health (Dirne Health Centers, Inc)
This listing is about Heritage Health Dirne Health Centers Inc in Coeur d’Alene, ID
About the job
We are North Idaho’s premier provider of integrated medical, dental and behavioral health services. Our amazing care teams deliver world-class healthcare utilizing a patient directed, community-focused approach. Providing high quality, affordable Healthcare from the Heart is our passion. Our mission is to deliver a healthcare experience that provides hope, inspires change, and extends life for our patients and our community.
Top reasons to join our team:
- Our employees are mission – minded
- We are passionate about providing excellent patient care
- Committed to a fun and supportive team environment
- We offer high-quality competitive employee benefits
The controller manages and directs the daily accounting functions of the organization, including accounting, payroll and accounts payable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- 5 years of progressively responsible accounting experience is required.
- Experience in FQHC and not-for-profit healthcare preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Excellent computer skills required (e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Exceptional customer service, time management and multi-tasking skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Previous training and/or experience utilizing accounting software.
- Knowledge of GAAP and 501(c)(3) accounting parameters.
- Competency in all relevant business software and related software, including financial reporting systems.
- Ability to perform job duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with finance department employees and other departments in the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides accurate and timely record-keeping and accounting records in accordance with GAAP, including Uniform Guidance.
- Provides supervision for Accounting Clerk and Accounting Assistant positions in Payroll and Accounts Payable.
- Oversees the accuracy and timeliness of payroll.
- Oversees the accuracy and timeliness of accounts payable.
- Oversees month-end, quarterly and annual processes, including coordinating with other departments as necessary, to ensure general ledger closing, preparing financial statements, account reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Establishes and monitors internal controls and implements changes to improve systems.
- Maintains chart of accounts.
- Coordinates with Human Resources on benefit and pay issues.
- Coordinates with senior leadership on fundraising and special events.
- Coordinates with VP of Finance for grants, financial tracking and reporting.
- In cooperation with the VP of Finance, Chief Financial Officer, clinic and program managers and other senior leadership, prepares the annual operating and capital budget and provides ongoing monitoring and reporting of budget variances.
- Works with VP of Finance on special projects and the development of standard reports as needed.
- Assists and prepares for annual accounting audit.
- Assists with Standards of Practice and policy/procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as needed.
Heritage Health enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe working environment. Each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements, participating in emergency response tasks as requested, and serving on safety committees and teams as requested. In addition, employees must accept the responsibility for maintaining the safety of themselves and others by adhering to all written and verbal instructions, promptly reporting and/or correcting all hazards or unsafe conditions and providing feedback to supervisors and management on all safety issues.
Office staff are required to stand, sit, and be mobile one-third to two-thirds of the time. They are required to use hands or fingers to handle or feel over two-thirds of the time; while reaching with hands and arms occurs one-third of the day. Climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling or crouching occur less than one-third of the time. Communicating by talking/hearing occurs over two-thirds of the day. Amount of time spent lifting or exerting force is about 50% for up to 10 pounds and less than one-third of the time up to 25 – 40 pounds. Rarely is there a need to lift more than 41 pounds. Must be able to manage efficient keyboard use, hear, see, speak and read.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to solve complex practical problems, manage complex analysis and use deductive reasoning
- Calm, professional, positive interpersonal, communication & persuasion skills over the phone, computer & in person
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives and assign priorities
- Deal with a wide variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines with a strong organization skill set for easy retrieval of information and to ensure competent closure of issues
- Ability to work overtime as needed, maintain alertness & meet the controlled substance policy.
- Good judgment and sound decision making and conflict management skills to inspire confidence from providers, employees and patients/clients
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment in an office building. Work may be demanding and chaotic at times. May be exposed to patient population that will present a variety of contagious diseases, physical injuries and emotional states of mind. Travel occasionally between sites by vehicle for meetings and presentations.
Company: Heritage Health (Dirne Health Centers, Inc)
Job Location: Coeur d’Alene, ID
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com