Website Hannaford Supermarkets
This listing is about Hannaford Supermarkets in Manchester, NH
About the job
Address: USA-NH-Manchester-605 Mast Road
Store Code: Store 08311 Grocery (7245209)
Hannaford Supermarkets started out as a fresh produce vendor in Portland, Maine way back in 1883, and is still connected to those early roots as a local market. Hannaford actively seeks out farmers and producers to join our Local program which celebrates not only local foods, but the preservation of farmland, local traditions and local jobs. The connection we have to the source of our fresh foods is core to the way we do business, becoming the first major supermarket in the United States to document that all its seafood products were sustainably harvested.
Assistant the Stock Crew Manager with all duties and responsibilities of the Third Shift Center Store Associates as assigned by management to meet financial and sales goals. Build associate and customer relations and promote a strong culture in support of Hannaford Strategy.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist in hiring, training and developing associates to meet the department needs.
- Assist maintaining the quality of department’s staffing, scheduling, and financial results as assigned.
- Cut, mark and stock product, as required.
- Use good judgment in the assignment, delegation and follow-up for the efficient performance of the department.
- Treat all associates with fairness, dignity and respect. Provide recognition of accomplishments and offer constructive criticism when necessary.
- Role-model appropriate workplace behavior.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Become familiar with, and adhere to all of the standard practices in the Center Store Standard Practices Manual.
- Maintain solid communication within the department and throughout the organization.
- Maintain a high standard of quality workmanship in performance of all specific duties and responsibilities assigned.
- Maintain product variety, sales prices and display philosophy necessary to achieve gross profit goals.
- Maintain quality condition of all products through proper rotation.
- Ensure that productivity levels are at or above company standards.
- Maintain Center Store Department presentation through proper ordering procedures and inventory control.
- Maintain the department compliance with pricing (if applicable).
- Ensure that work area is clean and organized both in the receiving and sales floor area.
- Observe and ensure compliance with all company policies and established procedures
- Work within our company’s management planning (MPP) guidelines to maintain productivity.
- Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed.
- Ensure compliance with company standards and programs for safety, fire prevention, and security.
- Treat all store information as strictly confidential.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- A high school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to lead and direct the department associates.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desire to work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements including successful completion of the forklift and power jack training.
- Must meet minimum age requirements.
- Ability and availability to work overnight or early morning shifts as applicable.
- Lift up to 20 lbs. regularly, including overhead lifting, and up to 60 lbs. occasionally. Push/pull up to 40 lbs. regularly.
- Meet established volume/activity standards.
- Stand or walk 100% of the time.
- Frequent reaching, grasping and lifting individual stock items below waist level or above shoulder level.
- Frequent bending, kneeling and squatting.
- Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials and food products.
- Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
- Ability to use computers, calculators and communication systems required to perform the job functions.
Hannaford provides equal opportunity in employment to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), age, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 237188_external_USA-NH-Manchester
Company: Hannaford Supermarkets
Job Location: Manchester, NH
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com