Website Guardant Health
This listing is about Guardant Health in Redwood City, CA
About the job
Guardant Health is a pioneer in non-invasive cancer diagnostics and the first company to commercialize a comprehensive genomic liquid biopsy. Our proprietary digital sequencing technology is transforming cancer treatment by providing an accurate and precise picture of the individual genomic alterations that cause tumors to grow, change, and develop resistance to treatment. We have combined decades of scientific research, advances in laboratory technology, and our breakthrough innovation in liquid biopsy to create new tests that have already handled tens of thousands of samples. We believe our tests can accelerate new drug development and improve the lives of all patients fighting cancer. Our current products are just the beginning of what we hope to accomplish, and new uses of our platform are emerging.
We succeed best by coordinating our creative talents and energies, working as a team to achieve results far beyond what any single individual could accomplish. We seek very talented people who want to be part of our fantastic team.
Guardant’s HPC team builds and operates the computational technology backbone of the company.
This includes scalable data storage that holds tens of petabytes of genomics data, high performance compute clusters running a custom bioinformatics pipeline in production and R&D environments, and the software infrastructure that hosts an ecosystem of services for internal data processing and external data integration. To facilitate Guardant Health’s fast growth in the next few years, the HPC team is looking for a strong technical engineer who can help maintain and help grow the HPC infrastructure during its aggressive expansion, while working closely with corporate IT, SQA and DevOps/SRE teams.
This role can be remotely worked part-time, but requires a very hands-on on, on-premise presence when on rotation, minimally.
In this role, you will primarily:
- Help manage in a senior capacity multiple Rafay Kubernetes clusters on-prem and in the cloud
- Conduct Dev Ops management of the clusters and in the cloud for services and deployment
- Help manage multiple HPC clusters and cluster file systems.
- Help expand the cloud and HPC integration.
- Help manage the global data namespace
- Maintains, monitors, and supports the infrastructure environment and/or facilities.
- Used and maintained enhanced production monitoring and additional capability.
- Support improvements for increased system reliability and performance.
- Supports in a senior role multiple systems or applications of medium to high complex (complexity defined by size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility.
- Work with offsite consultants to maintain the infrastructure.
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot, upgrade and repair systems as needed.
You enjoy an agile, very fast paced and highly technical environment. You are a self-driven accomplished technologist who strives to be ever improving your skills, value to the company and improve the computational infrastructure. You are dedicated to engineering excellence yet pragmatic and flexible. You have the ability to maintain the day-to-day support SLA while running various key projects that move the business forward.
- 4+ years of Kubernetes administration experience
- Be a Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA, up to date)
- 4+ years of Linux/Unix administration, knowledge of Unix network protocols, TCP/IP network fundamentals, core infrastructure technologies and virtualization
- 4+ years working in and with on-premises and cloud-based (AWS, Google, IBM and Azure) datacenters.
- 2+ years of large-scale data storage and compute clusters (HPC) infrastructure
- 4+ years of building software release and ops processes and automation toolset
- 4+ years providing documentation of system administration.
Following Skills Sets are Preferred:
- Experience with the Container Storage Interface Driver
- Experience administering IBM’s General Parallel File System
- Experience administering Grid Engine scheduler
- Experience with using Bright Cluster Manager
- Experience with cloud bursting technologies
- Experience with wide area file systems
- Experience with docker and container technologies
- Operating infrastructure compliant with HIPAA and SOX standards
B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Covid Vaccination Policy: Starting January 7, 2022, Guardant Health will require all employees to be fully vaccinated to either (a) establish that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19; or (b) request and obtain an approved exemption from Guardant’s COVID-19 U.S. Vaccination Policy as a reasonable accommodation, as consistent with applicable laws. An employee is considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccination. Acceptable vaccines are approved or under emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and/or the World Health Organization (WHO). In addition, fully-vaccinated employees will be required to maintain their fully-vaccinated status under this policy by obtaining, if applicable, any FDA-approved boosters.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
Company: Guardant Health
Job Location: Redwood City, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com