This listing is about gpac in Houston, TX
About the job
Credit Analyst Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- 4+ years’ experience in a bank as a Credit or Financial Analyst
Credit Analyst Responsibilities
- Analyze and risk rate credit lines requiring Loan Committee review and critique the credit classifications assigned by the Loan Officers. The analysis must be consistent with the findings of the appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Assist the Credit Analyst Manager and/or Senior Credit Review Officer in training new staff and coordinating various activities for the department, including month-end reporting of classified loans, loan limit monitoring, and real estate loan-to-value and other regulatory reporting.
- Review loan files as advances are made to ensure they qualify within the structure, documentation, and credit quality standards of the bank’s Loan Policy and Guidelines.
- Present loan files or credit lines not meeting the standards of the bank’s Loan Policy and Guidelines to the Credit Analyst Manager with a detailed explanation of the credit exceptions and the recommended action necessary to correct the deficiencies and improve the bank’s position.
- In the event of minor technical documentation discrepancies or identified potential credit weakness, communicate directly with the Loan Officer, requesting correction of the discrepancies and recommending alternatives for improving the credit lines. Perform follow-up action as necessary until corrected.
- Attend the bank’s Loan Committee meetings where credit lines are presented to the Loan Committee for final approval, recommended action, and classification.
- As required, perform services and projects for affiliate banks including compiling Board reports, coordinating the review of loan files, and testing loan underwriting guidelines.
- Attend loan department and other committee meetings as requested by management to participate in decisions that affect ongoing and future operations of the loan department.
- Act in accordance with FFC policies and procedures as set forth in the employee handbook.
- Adhere to compliance procedures and participate in required compliance training
To be considered, please apply with a resume. With any more questions or inquiries about other banking/finance positions, email Nash Wergin at [email protected]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Job Location: Houston, TX
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com