Website General Motors
This listing is about General Motors in Austin, TX
About the job
This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility.This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week. Relocation may be provided.
About The Role
The Manufacturing Cyber Security (MCS) organization is a cross-functional team consisting of Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing IT, and Information Security & Risk Management (ISRM). The Manufacturing Cyber Security team has the responsibility of defining, engineering, implementing, and adoption of all Industrial Cyber Security strategies, policies and controls at GM’s manufacturing sites globally.
The Manufacturing Cyber Security Identity and Access Management Architect is a key role in the MCS team that will help drive GM’s manufacturing information security strategy. This individual will be responsible for defining the strategy, direction, and architectural roadmap for Identity and Access Management (IAM) as it relates to Manufacturing Cybersecurity. In this role the individual will utilize their in-depth knowledge and professional expertise of Identity and Access Management, Active Directory, and Information Security policies to drive the implementation of information security strategies at GM’s manufacturing sites globally.
- Lead GM’s information security strategy and architectural roadmap with respect to Identity and Access Management.
- Provide in-depth IAM and Security expertise for all Manufacturing Cyber Security initiatives with respect to strategy, architecture, implementation, best practices, and ongoing support to ensure strategic alignment with the MCS program, success with the core business, and Technical Information Security Policy (TISP) compliance.
- Work collaboratively with both Manufacturing Engineering and ISRM to gain consensus and ensure alignment on strategy and vision on all strategic MCS initiatives.
- Development and/or contribute to solutions for complex, cross-functional issues to resolve Manufacturing Cyber Security vulnerabilities.
- Work hand in hand with cross-functional organizations to implement MCS controls in order to secure the manufacturing plant floor.
- Drive adoption of information security controls across business functions.
- Analyze industry and cyber security trends to ensure MCS strategies are in accordance.
- Ensure success cradle to grave of Manufacturing Cyber Security strategic initiatives.
- Drive continuous improvement in standards and architecture.
- Evaluate new security technologies, processes, methodologies, and their impact on GM’s manufacturing environment.
- Test and validate new solutions. Drive for commonality across GM and provide training and support for global deployments.
- Conduct benchmarking of others in the industry.
- Drives a proactive approach to an ever-changing threat landscape.
- Proven experience supporting Active Directory / Identity & Access Management.
- Knowledge of GM’s manufacturing processes (Vehicle, Propulsion, & Stamping).
- Familiarity with a wide variety of ICS / OT systems utilized across GM’s manufacturing operations.
- Self-starting, detail oriented, results driven individual capable of developing solutions for complex cyber security vulnerabilities with minimal direction and oversight.
- Strong problem-solving capability. Able to troubleshoot complex problems using a methodical / analytical approach while leveraging interpersonal skills to collaborate with peers and communicate status to senior management.
- Able to build strong relationships both horizontally and vertically.
- Able to deal with high degrees of ambiguity and think outside the box.
- Ability to support numerous complex assignments simultaneously with a high level off autonomy while taking accountability of results.
- Seeks opportunities and challenges above and beyond those assigned. Constantly looking for ways to improve processes, security posture, etc.
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Security, Computer Science or equivalent experience is required.
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of (5) or more years’ experience in Information Technology supporting Active Directory / Identity & Access Management.
- Minimum of (2) or more years’ experience with Information Security is required.
- ICS / OT knowledge in the industrial space is preferred.
- Security certification (CISSP, CISM, or etc.) is beneficial.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us [email protected]. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Company: General Motors
Job Location: Austin, TX
Application Deadline: N/A