Website General Motors
This listing is about General Motors in Warren, MI
About the job
Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-4 times a year.
The Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) team supports the definition, design, and development of continuously improving mobility services. SDV is a new vehicle intelligence platform that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including EVs and expanded automated driving. This means that you can potentially put a fingerprint on the vehicles that drive down the road! This space is ripe with technical leadership opportunities for advanced technology development, as well as the ability to provide mentorship for new employees. You can flex your teamwork muscles as you will be tasked with working with several other areas of engineering, IT, and the business.
This SDV Software Modeling Engineer position involves hands on modeling work in either RSMT or Vector DaVinci (AUTOSAR). You will serve as the primary interface with the users, architects, and integration teams to perform root cause analysis as applicable. This requires cross-functional coordination with team members and in some cases, Vector to resolve issues. In the software space, you’ll experience an agile, fast-paced work environment, surrounded by great mentors and teams.
This is a great role for someone that thrives in a challenging environment and is looking for a position with both leadership and technical responsibilities!
- Work cross functionally to implement model changes in either RSMT or Vector DaVinci per software cadence on time and with quality
- Work with software architects, system architects, software engineers, and other embedded system engineers to define sprint goals
- Understand modeling and software build tools (RSMT, MDK, Git Ecosystem, Gerrit, Jenkins Pipeline)
- Model and document software interfaces in a modeling and document toolchain
- Manage change requests in the system and with the architecture community to implement your changes into actions
- Understand the mapping of signals to software interfaces
- Lead code reviews with the best software talent in the industry
- Communicate information to and from internal and external customer organizations
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree
- Minimum of 2 years of embedded software engineering experience
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Strong interpersonal skills to work independently and optimally with others
- Good business sense and a desire to understand customer needs
- A track record of “getting things done” by managing and leading multiple projects and assignments with a high level of autonomy and accountability for results
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Lead multiple priorities while maintaining a commitment to the tasks at hand
- Able to identify problems, analyze varying courses of action to determine, recommend and negotiate optimal solutions and execute contingency plans
- Ability to work in a disciplined software development environment
- Master’s degree in a related field
- 5 years of experience in a software-related area and/or software development
- Knowledge of Adaptive AUTOSAR and QNX
- Knowledge in Vector DaVinci
- Design/Development of Safety Critical Systems/Components
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Software as a Service (SaaS), Microservices, etc.
- Knowledge in Git Ecosystem (GES), Rational Team Concert (RTC), and RSMT (Interface management)
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us [email protected]. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Company: General Motors
Job Location: Warren, MI
Application Deadline: N/A