Website Gaia Herbs
This listing is about Gaia Herbs in Mills River, NC
About the job
The General Accountant is responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating and entering transactions. This employee monitors and analyzes accounting data and supports the production of financial reports and schedules to ensure and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures all accounting activities follow established procedures, ledger codes, and guidelines in a manner that complies with all Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP).
- Supports the daily operations of general ledger and tax functions including:
- Month and end-year process
- General ledger
- Account reconciliations
- Revenue and expenditure variance analysis
- Cash reconciliation & forecasting
- Fixed & capital asset activity.
- Monitors and analyzes accounting data and supports the production of error-free financial statements and reports.
- Communicates and enforces proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
- Supports other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy and applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Supports tax reporting requirements including property, sales and use tax, corporate and payroll tax.
- Supports annual external audits.
- Supports the annual budget cycle.
- Identifies errors and recommends ways to improve efficiency, procedures and spending.
- Establishes and maintains fiscal files and records to document transactions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ (three) years of significant accounting experience is required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Strong computer skills on MS Office (especially MS Excel), accounting software and databases
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage processes
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex accounting processes effectively with all levels of the organization
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop and kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to be able to view a computer screen for extended periods of time.
The primary work environment of this position is a standard office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
The above statements are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Company: Gaia Herbs
Job Location: Mills River, NC
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com