Website Freeman Company
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Freeman Company in United States
About the job
Freeman is the global leader in events. Whether virtual, in-person, or hybrid, we are on a mission to redefine live for a new era. With a data-driven approach and the world’s largest network of experts, our insights are shaping exhibitions, exhibits, and events that drive audiences to action. Our integrated full-service solutions leverage a 100-year legacy in event management as well as new technologies to deliver moments that matter.
Floor Planner provides 2-dimensional Design Drafting services using Computer-Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) software and equipment; and performs specialized tasks of low to moderate complexity at a moderate to high volume, based on a developing set of job competencies and progressive experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) equipment and related software to produce floor plan designs, working drawings, charts, forms, technical reports, symbols, tables, and records.
- Draw rough and detailed scale floor plans for exhibitions, trade shows, conferences and events based on preliminary concepts, sketches, written or narrative descriptions, specification sheets, and other data.
- Utilize tools and technology to obtain pertinent project site data, such as drafting scales, precision digital measurement devices, measuring tapes, laptop or tablet computers, or digital cameras.
- Interpret project site data to draw precision architectural floor plans, including relevant descriptive annotations.
- Represent Freeman on project site as assigned, collaborating, consulting and making recommendations as needed.
- Lay out and plan interior room arrangements for exhibitions, trade shows, conferences and events using CADD equipment and related software.
- Formulate floor plan to be practical, esthetic, and conducive to intended purposes, such as efficient traffic flow, ease of navigation and operational effectiveness.
- Select appropriate furnishings, fixtures, or accessories based on spatial parameters and intended purposes and functionality.
- Configure appropriate floor plan design presentations, such as overall, sectional, or elevation views, based on internal and external project needs and requirements.
- Present monochromatic or color floor plan design illustrations to internal departments and client for approval using reproduction equipment and software and online collaboration software.
- Utilize wide-format graphic reproduction equipment and related software to produce large or precision scaled documents.
- Analyze applicable codes, guidelines, rules and regulations, space and site requirements, facility requirements, operational needs, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on floor plan designs.
- Prepare technical floor plan design presentations for submittal to governing authorities for permitting purposes.
- Interpret and apply corrective feedback from governing authorities to ensure floor plan design compliance.
- Collaborate with peers, other disciplines or departments, and external partners to ensure functionality and accurate graphical representation of applicable work products on floor plan deliverables.
- Consult and collaborate with clients in live formats (virtual or face-to-face) in support of advanced planning and/or future space sales activities for upcoming projects.
- Confer with client to determine factors affecting planning interior environments such as purpose, function, spatial parameters, and safety.
- Utilize electronic file management systems and related software to appropriately create and maintain all pertinent digital files and records according to established practices and procedures.
- Employ CADD file maintenance standards, practices, and procedures as directed by Supervisor.
- Utilize time accounting software to maintain accurate individual records of times worked, including time spent working on assigned projects or performing other assigned duties.
- Participate in training and development activities as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The competencies listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated ability to complete beginner/intermediate tasks of low to moderate complexity with acceptable quality.
- Demonstrated ability to individually achieve expected results of moderate to high volume.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform expectations with periodic training and instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems of low to moderate complexity.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with internal and external customers
Education & Experience
- Associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, certificate, or equivalent training in an academic or vocational discipline that places a significant emphasis on Computer-Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) from a university, college, technical school or trade school.
- Autodesk AutoCAD 2018 or later (preferred), Autodesk Vault Professional (preferred), Adobe Acrobat Professional (preferred), Adobe Illustrator (preferred), and Microsoft Office (required). 5 years of relevant professional experience preferred. A combination of education, experience, and demonstrated competencies will be considered if relevant to the essential duties and responsibilities
At Freeman, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status and other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Company: Freeman Company
Vacancy Type: Part-time · Associate
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com