Website Ford Motor Company
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Ford Motor Company in Sunrise, FL
About the job
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
In Product Development, we bring engineering ideas to life. The Ford Driver Assistance Technologies (DAT) program designs and develops hardware and software providing best in class behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Active Park Assist, and 360 Camera Systems. We are seeking a diligent, detail-driven professional to provide vital expertise in support of our Driver Assist Technologies Software Updates middleware.
What You’ll Be Able To Do
- Design, document, develop, and integrate the C++ software platform for Software Updates, to be used in Ford’s next-generation ADAS systems
- Learn about Functional Safety as it applies to Driver Assist Software
- Leverage object-oriented design techniques, the C++ Standard Template Library, design patterns, and other higher-level features of C++ to create robust, efficient, and reliable software
- Become an expert in Adaptive AUTOSAR
- Apply your knowledge of communication techniques and protocols, including TCP/IP, UDP, SPI, SOME/IP, and SOA to ensure robust and reliable communications
- Support real-world testing of ADAS features, working closely with partner teams.
- Flash and debug your code in pre-production and prototype vehicles.
The Minimum Requirements We Seek
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field of study
- 6+ months of experience in software development using C++ (internship/co-op/coursework experience allowed)
- 6+ months of experience designing and testing systems for high performance, high reliability computing applications (internship/co-op/coursework experience allowed)
- 6+ months of experience developing on POSIX compliant operating systems, such as Linux (internship/co-op/coursework experience allowed)
Our Preferred Requirements
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field of study
- 5+ years of experience with software design and development for automotive, industrial, or aerospace/military applications with proven success in a fast-paced, cross-functional engineering team environment
- Strong understanding of SW Update designs and best practices
- Familiarity with protocols used in SW Update such as Erase and Replace, AB swap, and OVTP
- Familiarity with ISO 26262, security, and safety in performing SW Updates on consumer vehicles
- Familiarity with boot chain constructs for managing SW Updates
- Familiarity with Classic and Adaptive AUTOSAR stacks in support of SW Update capabilities
- Understands various communication styles and protocols such as SOA, REST, SOME/IP
- Knowledge of SPI, Ethernet, and CAN communication
- Working knowledge of established software design patterns, efficient data structures and multi-threaded system design
- Understanding of Adaptive AUTOSAR
- Experience working within an Agile Software Development Methodology
- Strong written and verbal communication
What You’ll Receive In Return
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-2.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption
Company: Ford Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Sunrise, FL
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com