Website Ford Motor Company
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Ford Motor Company in Claycomo, MO
About the job
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
This Information Technology Operations based role supports our manufacturing Vehicle Operations sites. The Plant IT Engineer facilitates the implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of plant IT systems supporting process improvement efforts toward flexible and lean manufacturing, error proofing and manufacturing execution systems.
The successful candidate will work with a global team providing support to include analyzing and resolving application failures on the plant floor and lead varied efforts to ensure all responsible manufacturing applications meet Ford’s productivity goals. This is an excellent opportunity to acquire both manufacturing experience and apply IT skills to manufacturing.
What You’ll Be Able To Do
- Support a multi-shift operation in a manufacturing plant:
- Must be able to work flexible hours in support a multi-shift operation. Requires rotating schedule to support business processes (days, nights and or weekends)
- Provide technical support (IT applications, infrastructure, operating systems, end-user productivity tools) to plant business customers throughout the manufacturing plant environment
- Interface with business IT and business owners to prioritize improvement efforts
- Support plant floor systems application management (AM) teams in resolving incidents; support escalations, support AM and other global teams (e.g., DBA, Server Operations, Ops Control, Network Operations), if necessary
- Focus on the integration/long term maintenance of applications
- Assist team lead with managing assignments and workload
- Develop, maintain and share accurate support documentation
The Minimum Requirements We Seek
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ years’ experience of post-collegiate, professional IT experience
- 1+ years’ experience, either in college or professionally, implementing, maintaining, configuring and troubleshooting IT applications
Our Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with Office automation, Windows, PCs & printers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adjust communications appropriately for the audience working with all levels of management and diverse work groups
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users and IT professionals including globally distributed teams; the ability to adjust communications appropriately for the audience
- Ability to work with all levels of management and diverse work groups
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong desire to learn manufacturing operations and business practices; a broad business and manufacturing perspective helpful
- Understanding of computer-based tools, computing infrastructure and interest in processes supporting manufacturing highly desired
- Willingness to work in a high-pressure production support environment
- Efficiently and effectively work with diverse, cross functional teams under stressful circumstances
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience identifying, investigating & solving problems without supervision
- Experience with Server administration; Windows or Linux
- Any plant floor automation experience is highly desired (Control systems, PLC’s, etc.)
- Familiarity with Cisco routers and switches to include basic troubleshooting and cable installation
- Knowledge of Windows server and Windows Active Directory
- Experience with VM servers
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us!
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Company: Ford Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Claycomo, MO
Application Deadline: N/A