Website F. Schumacher & Co.
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about F Schumacher Co in New York, NY
About the job
Brooklyn Navy Yard (BNY) is an independently operating business unit of F. Schumacher & Co., functioning as a growth-stage startup with the resources of an established organization and serving both direct-to-consumer and bulk / volume channels.
- Demonstrate complete literacy of production schedule and order categories, referencing production schedule daily for changes or updates
- Ensure production shifts begin on time
- Perform all post-production duties for print operations
- Communicate with transparency regarding finishing progress, machine maintenance and troubleshooting, update ERP and other job management tools accurately with progress
- Serve as a point of contact for HP and Fotoba when troubleshooting printers and finishing equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance on all machines when necessary
- Track inventory related to all machines, submit replenishment numbers for ordering on a weekly basis
- Crosstrain across all production floor roles with the intent of regularly rotating and performing within their respective functions on a daily or weekly basis
- Receive inventory from shipments utilizing hand trucks and Electric Pallet Jacks.
- Prepare outbound shipments via pallet prepping
- 1-2 years of experience in wide format digital printers (experience with HP Latex is a plus)
- Proficiency with RIP software (Caldera is a plus)
- Excellent color sense, able to identify color shifts and variation
- Ability to handle product with care
- Ability to respond quickly to shifting order priorities and stay focused while working on multiple projects at once
- Ability to work independently when troubleshooting, but know when contact support as needed
- Thrive in a target driven environment and willing to do what it takes to meet deadlines
- Great communication skills and can be an active contributor to larger team goals and processes
- High energy and scrappy
- Willingness to pick up additional shifts as needed (with overtime pay)
- Good organization skills & ability to keep your workstation clean and tidy
- Good detail orientation
- Ability to lift 60lbs and move large rolls of substrate (with the help of small equipment)
- Ability to work on your feet from 8-10 hours at a time.
- Experience in machine maintenance and troubleshooting required a plus
- Experience with AVA a plus
- An understanding of color management a plus
Company: F. Schumacher & Co.
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: N/A