This listing is about EY in Charlotte, NC
About the job
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are looking for a Cloud DevOps Engineer to join our team and be part of the Digital & Emerging Technology practice. The ideal candidate will have a combination of soft and hard skills that enable them to overcome the barriers that arise between software development and operations teams during the code release process.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Bring your Cloud Engineering subject matter expertise to client engagements focusing on complex & innovative products and reusable assets
- Prior to kicking off a project as part of a product life cycle, develop solution plans intended to support business investment decisions which means they must hold the appropriate balance between costs, risks and quality of the product
- Create innovative and practical designs that account for the end-to-end technical solution of a system, in line with the business strategy and objectives and within the context of EY’s technology environment.
- Works closely and continuously with the business/client to focus on meeting business/client requirements and incorporating broader aspects such as overall product costsevenue, data privacy & sovereignty, business continuity, information security, integration with other systems, etc.
- Key in identifying, defining and implementing reusable assets and standards with responsibility for adherence to these standards and consumption of reusable assets across products and portfolios
- Ensures relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly across Technology programs/projects and products.
- Contributes to the development of architecture governance structures, methodologies and compliance activities
- Works with vendors to assess vendor products, understand vendor’s delivery models and assist in implementing them at EY
- You may work across multiple projects with varied stakeholders. You will set architectural direction, build consensus and mediate conflicts, providing technical leadership and advisory services to the business. You will anticipate needs and potential objections and help to create an environment which solicits positive contributions from all participants – solution and technical architects, engineering teams, product manager, project managers, product analysts, test and project teams, information security and operations
- You will cultivate lasting relationships across business, IT and vendors / industry analysts to maintain insight into the broader enterprise as well as industry trends
- Ability to recognize industry technology trends and emerging technologies, understands how they apply to EY and can drive their adoption into our organization
- You will evangelize and encourage the importance of technical quality, emerging technologies, sharing & experimentation across the org through mentoring, hackathons, communities etc.
- Drive an ongoing communication plan to educate stakeholders on the purpose and benefits of Cloud and DevOps practices.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- the ability to adopt and relate new technologies to the set of problems we face at EY while adhering to security and other EY standards
- the ability to communicate solutions, ideas, suggestions to a variety of (business) stakeholders effectively and comprehensibly
- strategic business acumen and understanding of organizational strategy
- A deep understanding of Application, Infrastructure and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability, all the so-called “capabilities” of a system
- A good understanding of latest cloud computing and data technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment options
- Solid skills in defining, designing and developing distributed and scalable products and services, including reusable domain-specific microservices on multi-platform /hybrid clouds (such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud)
- In-depth understanding of container technologies with a focus on Kubernetes
- Excellent project management, collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills
- A broad understanding of EY Technology, including service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as organizational structure
- Strong collaboration abilities – willingness to share ideas, documentation and leading practices
- Conceptual and analytical skills – ability to extract, analyze, and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills that are required to operate as a leading member of global, distributed teams that deliver quality services and solutions
- Knowledge of leading practices, benchmarking, peer company environments and prior advisory experience relevant to industry-specific business and technology functions
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of related progressive post bachelor’s experience
- 5 years of experience across at least one of the following cloud vendors – AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud or GCP
- 5 years of experience with DevOps technologies
- 2 years of experience within container technologies
- 5 years of consulting and professional services experience & IT industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years of hands on experience working in an engineering role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms. (Azure, AWS, or GCP)
- 2 years of experience leading, managing, coaching & mentoring technology professionals
Ideally you’ll also have
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, IT, Computer Engineering, MIS, Mathematics desired; Master’s degree in one of these areas also preferred
What We Look For
We are looking for people who are self-starters, who can take initiative and get things done. If you can think critically and creatively to solve problems, you will excel in this role. You should be comfortable working with culturally diverse outsourced on/offshore team members.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The Exceptional EY Experience. It’s Yours To Build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at [email protected].
Job Location: Charlotte, NC
Application Deadline: N/A