Website Everest Insurance®
Are you looking for a Job at Everest Insurance in London, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Everest International Insurance
Who we are:
Everest is a leading global Reinsurance and Insurance organisation with extensive product and distribution capabilities, a strong balance sheet and an innovative culture. Throughout our history, Everest has maintained its discipline and focus on creating long term value through underwriting excellence and strong risk and capital Management.
Everest International is a fast-growing division of Everest Insurance and part of a global reinsurance group. International consists of Everest Insurance (Ireland) DAC (EIID), Everest Syndicate 2786 and several related service companies.
It is an exciting time and an excellent opportunity to be joining International during this expansion, which covers top line growth, products and increased geographies (European branches, Asia and Pacific). The Reserving and Capital team is instrumental in supporting this growth and longer-term ambitions, with significant investment and wider Group collaboration in establishing a best-in-class actuarial set up.
The way International is structured provides ample opportunity to make a tangible impact on the day-to-day and future direction of the actuarial department, and personally play a critical role in influencing, establishing and growing the International capital capabilities.
As a key member of the actuarial team, you will be required to lead capital deliverables, interactions and propose initiatives for future enhancements to drive forward.
The role is broad with exposure to a wide network of business stakeholders and other actuarial functions and project development. The successful candidate will work with autonomy in a supportive and encouraging environment. This will be suitable to someone looking to be empowered to take on ownership, make a tangible impact with the business and who enjoys collaborating with others.
- Development, ownership and execution of quarterly processes for the production of EIID’s Solvency Capital Requirement, under the Standard Formula
- Ownership and execution of ORSA capital modelling processes
- Key partner and support into Group Capital and future developments
- Annual and ad-hoc stress and scenario analysis
- Develop and comply appropriate controls over model inputs, parameters, judgements and outputs
- As International continues to grow and evolve, the successful applicant will be heavily involved in the capital and wider actuarial team’s journey and evolution to deliver quality tools and insights, which include:
- Identifying, planning and leading the execution of future enhancements to the capital modelling tools, approaches and add-value proposition
- Modelling and coordinating inputs to capital parameter updates
- Enhancing the monitoring, MI and communication of key risks against appetites
- Ensuring best practice and compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements
- Key stakeholders include risk, finance, group capital management, Lloyd’s managing agent (SII and ICM), external audit, actuarial and senior management.
- This role will be highly visible and integrated as part of the wider actuarial team, with opportunity to collaborate, learn and contribute across the functions and business.
- Qualified Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (FIA) or similar
- Education in Maths, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Business or a similar field
- In-depth knowledge and experience of SII standard formula and wider capital modelling approaches
Skills & Abilities
- Standard formula and ICM modelling
- Excellent IT skills, MS Excel, MS Access, SQL, Power BI and ResQ
- Strong reserve and underwriting risk modelling
- Excellent organisational skills and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to simply communicate modelling process and results with internal and external stakeholders, both verbally and through reports or presentations
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work with a strong appetite to network, learn and develop.
- The role holder will be required to embrace the Everest Core Values: Collaboration, Thoughtful Assumption of Risk, Execution, Humility and Leadership
- The Everest Core Values are the foundation upon which we (a) conduct our work, and (b) conduct ourselves both internally with our colleagues, and externally with clients/customers
- The Company’s success and that of our employees begins with these values. All employees are expected to support and exhibit these values in their interactions with others and through their day-to-day responsibilities
As an effective team member, employees at Everest Insurance must champion the Everest Insurance Culture:
- Collaboration: Open and transparent communication with customers and colleagues
- Thoughtful Assumption of Risk: Supporting the Everest goal of carefully writing profitable business by ensuring data quality, prompt and accurate feedback to Underwriters, and operational control throughout the enterprise.
- Execution: Delivering outstanding support to the organization through strong day-to-day business operations, effective project management, and careful oversight of vendors.
- Humility: Caring and respectful approach to service colleagues, customers, and the community.
- Leadership: By example, every day.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate for US and Canada Employees Only: Everest requires all individuals hired into this position to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment, unless the Company has granted an exemption.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of this commitment, Everest will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Everest Talent Acquisition at 1-908-604-3000.
Company: Everest Insurance®
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com