Website Esperanza Health Centers
This listing is about Esperanza Health Centers in Chicago, IL
About the job
Position purpose: The Director of Quality is responsible for putting systems in place to ensure that Esperanza Health Centers is delivering high quality care through the transformation of practice in accordance with the strategic plan.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Direct high functioning team that delivers quality improvement coaching and data visualization and support across the organization
2. Develop and implement new approaches to care team design that meet the needs of patients and staff
3. Directs interventions and initiatives across clinics to ensure standardization and sharing of best practices, recommend system modifications to senior leadership, and oversee the Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) process.
4. In collaboration with the senior management team, ensure care teams deliver high quality clinical care across patient populations, as determined and recommended by local, state, federal, scientific, and non-government agencies
5. Develops and oversees Esperanza’s Annual Quality Plan, which includes performance measure definitions, goals, and outlines the care team incentive bonus program
6. Reports on quality improvement plan progress to Esperanza’s Board of Directors and the staff Quality Improvement Committee
7. Lead Esperanza’s health informatics transformation by scoping new services, building our data team, and helping us think through how we use data to paint a clear picture of where we are and where we need to go clinically and operationally
8. Creates systems and solutions that foster a learning culture at the organization and support our joy in medicine work
9. Collaborates with HR and risk management to ensure staff have the skills necessary to document safe and appropriate care in a timely fashion, improve clinical quality performance, and improve EMR user experience
10. Support strategic decision making around and implementation of initiatives that move the organization forward to meet our strategic quality goals
11. Partner with sibling departments on practice transformation initiatives such as expanding the use of patient engagement technology and thinking broadly about system redesign for telehealth care delivery, to name a few.
12. Responsible for strategy related to payer quality incentives
13. Approach work through a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens – thinking about who or what we’re missing and generating solutions to address disparities and amplify a wide range of perspectives
14. To live up to Esperanza’s mission of being truly involved in the community all staff members are expected to participate in outreach activities between 3 to 5 times per year; including but not limited to the Annual Fundraiser, Community Garden(s), and Health Fairs.
Esperanza Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) according to Title 44, Ill. Administrative Code, and Subpart C Section 750.150.
- Five years or more of experience in a healthcare, required
- Three or more years of direct supervision or coaching of staff members, required
- Prior experience implementing Plan Do Study Acts cycles
- Knowledge of HEDIS, PCMH and UDS
- Experience working in primary setting, preferred
- Ability to decision make, solve practical problems and contribute to a healthy work culture
Esperanza Health Centers offers benefits to all its full-time employees:
BCBS Medical PPO Plans| Ameritas Dental |Eye Med Vision|401K- company match |Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,000 per year|10 Paid Holidays and 26 Days of Paid Time Off
Company: Esperanza Health Centers
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: N/A