Website Equitable Bank
Are you looking for a Job at Equitable Bank in Toronto, ON
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Canada’s Challenger Bank™
Equitable Group Inc. trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: EQB and EQB.PR .C) and serves a growing number of Canadians through Equitable Bank, Canada’s Challenger Bank™. Equitable Bank has grown to become the country’s eighth largest independent Schedule I bank with a clear mandate to drive real change in Canadian banking to enrich people’s lives. Founded over 50 years ago, Equitable Bank provides diversified personal and commercial banking and through its EQ Bank platform has been named #1 Bank in Canada on the Forbes World’s Best Banks 2021 and 2022 lists. EQ Bank provides state-of-the-art digital banking services, like the Savings Plus Account that reimagines banking by offering an everyday high interest rate, plus the flexibility of a chequing account, as well as a wide range of smart banking solutions for Canadians, like fast international money transfers, US dollar accounts and a suite of registered products.
Being a traditional bank just isn’t our thing. Do you want to provide Canadian businesses with better options and amazing customer service? Our Personal Banking group understands the unique needs of our stakeholders and guides them to the right solutions with precision and confidence. Every day gives us an opportunity to push the boundaries of what’s possible in Canadian banking, which makes for a rewarding experience. Jump in as a key member of our Personal Banking team.
If you like finding smarter ways of doing things to deliver results in new and better ways, you belong at Equitable Bank. As part of our Personal Banking team, you’ll get to work with people who will encourage you to reach new heights.
We like to keep things fun, ask questions and learn together We would love to tell you more about what it’s like to work here.
Level 5 out of 12
This role is responsible for supporting the Senior Manager, Analytics & Insights Team for applied data science projects, including advanced analytics case use solutions involving classification, regression & unsupervised learning problems. These projects usually involve gathering requirements from cross-functional teams and hands-on development of data science solutions including decision trees, logistic/linear regression models & K-means clustering and support senior manager with the development & maintenance of statistical modelling solutions.
The Core Parts Of Your Role Would Be To
- Research, develop and expand methodologies and frameworks to support development & implementation of model development roadmaps.
- Familiarize with internal systems, design dashboards, and diagnose information needs in analytical analysis for measuring value.
- Collaborate with various teams across the bank to deliver analytical insights
- Support development & implementation of model development roadmap (50%)
- Research and develop new methodologies for solving classification, regression & segmentation problem using unsupervised learning
- Develop framework for expanding scope using adding new data sources and implementing model enhancements
- Deliver scalable solutions
- Create and track accuracy and performance metrics (both technical and business metrics).
- Create, enhance, and maintain technical documentation, and present to other data scientists, engineers and business leaders while being compliant with banking regulations for model risk management
- Be-hands on model developer and create a framework for model management & development framework
- Analytical analysis for measuring value (30%)
- Develop familiarity with internal systems and gather relevant data from various internal sources, establishing repeatable processes/ methodologies that enable quicker turnaround on analysis
- Design and manage dashboards that to track performance of models; conduct ad-hoc analysis using data to support business decision making
- Assess and diagnose information needs, design, and define suitable data science solutions to address business problems
- Summarize & show impact to senior leadership team
- Support expansion of scope of data science applications
- Create business case for use of relevant and necessary software to conduct analysis (R, SAS, Python)
- Use SQL to source necessary data for ongoing understanding of customer behaviour and to support internal consulting projects
- Support the brainstorm, structure, and problem-solving processes for a range of strategic and tactical customer-facing topics
- Cross-functional collaboration with various teams to deliver analytical insights (20%)
- Collaborate with teams across the Bank to deliver quality analysis, interpretation of findings and clear articulation of results and insights to internal business partners
- Support Marketing in their delivery and analytical review of various strategic engagement tactics and customer communication
- Support Product in assessing performance & developing better understanding of customer adoption through A/B testing
- Support Customer Experience (CX) and Contact Center in planning & evaluating marketing campaigns and meeting their customer insights needs
Let’s Talk About You!
- This is the unique blend of skills and experience we would love to see in an ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Math or Computer Science
- Minimum 4 years experience in Data Science roles, ideally in financial services with hands on experience in data scripting languages like SQL, Python, R etc. and statistical software like R, SAS or Matlab
- Strong business acumen and passion for understanding and solving problems
- Knowledge of Model Risk Management best practices
- Knowledge of mortgage /personal banking industry
- Ability to build rapport and maintain relationships
What we offer [For full-time permanent roles]
? Competitive discretionary bonus
✨ Market leading RRSP match program
? Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
? Employee Share Purchase Plan
?? Maternity/Parental top-up while you care for your little one
? Generous vacation policy, personal days and even a moving day
? Virtual events to connect with your fellow colleagues
? Annual professional development allowance and a comprehensive Career Development program
? A fulfilling opportunity to join one of the top FinTechs and help create a new kind of banking experience
Equitable Bank is deeply committed to inclusion. Our organization is stronger and our employees thrive when we honour and celebrate everyone’s diverse experiences and perspectives. In tandem with that commitment, we support and encourage our staff to grow not just in their career path, but personally as well.
We commit to providing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment for all applicants. Please let us know of any accommodations needed so that you can bring your best self to the application process and beyond. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
We can’t wait to get to know you!
Company: Equitable Bank
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com