This Job listing is about Twenty Four in Portland, OR 2022 exclusively on us.q4jobs.com
Twenty Four 7 is an award-winning brand strategy and design agency. We are thinkers, makers, and innovators. We dig deep, ask hard questions and push boundaries. We know that great things happen outside your comfort zone. We embrace open minds and bold imaginations. We create ideas on sound strategic foundations, and we build concepts around thoughtful insights and objective frameworks.
We are currently working a hybrid schedule, as follows: work from home Monday/Thursday/Friday, work in the office Tuesday/Wednesday. Our office is open Monday-Friday, and team members may choose to work in the office all days. We closely monitor guidance from the Oregon Health Authority and the CDC and follow all COVID safety practices.
We are seeking an Environmental Designer (ED) to join our team and help create innovative designs for immersive experiences, brand activations, and retail environments. This is a multi-faceted role requiring an understanding of how the consumer experience is tied to the overall brand strategy. As an Environmental Designer, you understand how strategy drives design, directs inspiration, and helps generate the core ideas that inform coherent and connected concepts across a wide range of mediums. You have a proven record of translating brand strategy, research insights, and rationale into cohesive design, with a focus on the needs of consumers. You can work thoughtfully across various mediums to create dynamic consumer experiences.
We’d love to connect with those who have significant experience on all phases of environmental design, with a strong preference for those with experience working in a creative design and brand strategy agency environment. If you are knowledgeable about what it takes to work with top brands, world-class companies, and clients who expect the absolute best, let’s talk!
KEY AREAS OF CONTRIBUTION
- Contribute to design efforts for a wide range of retail environmental and consumer experiential projects, including architectural elements, POP, kiosks, etc.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to develop innovative design concepts that take into consideration the needs and constraints of the space, materials, and budget
- Create and produce detailed digital drawings, renderings, and design intent decks that provide all required information for gathering accurate estimates and quotes from our production vendors
You’re a creative storyteller who knows how to tie threads through an entire consumer experience. You understand the strategic and creative process, and how various types of media (graphic, digital, social, video) integrate with environmental and experiential design. You love a big challenge, and are a problem-solver, excited by opportunities to explore and invent in the realm of the unknown. Our work is well-suited to the “Swiss Army knife” type of creative who is comfortable working across many disciplines of design – equal parts artist, poet, thinker, maker, inventor, and visionary designer.
Additional attributes that are key to this role and to being a TF7 team member include:
- Understanding of how various types of media, including graphic design, digital/social media and video integrate with environmental and experiential design
- Embrace collaboration and teamwork as vital to the creation of great work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to relay and share ideas through sketching and other visual mediums
- Strong presentation skills
- Extremely detail and deadline oriented
- Adept at working in a sometimes fast-paced environment while maintaining best-in-class levels of quality
- A desire to stay current on retail and design industry trends, technological innovations, and cultural influences
You’ll be a great match for our team if you appreciate entrepreneurial spirit, obsess over excellence in all things, and believe in “we, not I” like we do.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
This role requires experience in all phases of the creative process, from brainstorming and concept formulation, to developing unique consumer experiences and refining designs, to supporting the design intent and the vision through production.
Additional requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in design, marketing or other relevant area of study is preferred but not required (experience in lieu of a degree is considered)
- 4+ years of experience in retail environmental and consumer experience design
- A proven portfolio of design work that showcases relevant and impactful projects
- Fluency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Highly capable 3D modeling using Cinema 4D, Maya, or SketchUp
- Highly capable rendering skills using V-Ray, Red Shift, etc.
- Helpful to have a basic understanding of VR/AR visualization technology
- Ability to create construction or technical documentation
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Apply at https://twentyfour7.com/#/Careers and be sure to include your resume and portfolio URL. A cover letter is not required, but always appreciated – we’d love to hear why this opportunity resonates with you, and why you’d be a great fit for it!
Learn more about us at www.TwentyFour7.com