Website Enterprise Singapore
Are you looking for a Job at Enterprise Singapore in London, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Based in London, the Business Development Manager will be working as part of the team at Enterprise Singapore’s London office.
The Business Development Manager will support the Regional Director in the London office in helping Singapore-based companies and start-ups expand their business in UK and Nordics markets within the London Overseas Centre’s geographical coverage, with focus on the UK, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark. The Business Development Manager will also help the Regional Director to develop partnerships to grow Singapore’s innovation ecosystem in selected sectors.
The Business Development Manager is expected to perform the following functions:
· Assist Singapore companies in entering the markets under London Overseas Centre’s coverage and expand network of in-market partners;
· Develop business leads and facilitate business opportunities for Singapore-based companies across various industry sectors in the markets under London Overseas Centre’s coverage;
· Expand network of innovation intermediaries, accelerators and VCs to grow Singapore’s innovation ecosystem and encourage co-innovation collaboration between companies;
· Gather information and market intelligence from UK and European companies as well as government agencies, and trade/industry associations via meetings and networking activities; and monitor news and developments useful to the sectors or markets of interest of the London Overseas Centre;
· Create relevant industry and internal reports on a timely basis to help develop Singapore-based companies’ and HQ’s understanding of the market opportunities, market entry strategies and innovation ecosystems in UK and/or Europe;
· Attend relevant industry trade shows, conferences and seminars within the assigned geographical coverage to gather market information & intelligence and to support the development of business opportunities for Singapore-based companies;
· Plan, organise and execute physical and virtual business delegation visits, meetings and pitching sessions for Singapore-based companies doing business in the markets under London Overseas Centre’s coverage; and
· Support the Regional Director in the organisation of marketing trips, missions and other events, as assigned.
You may expect regular travel between London and European countries. Travel will be reviewed based on business requirements as well as the latest risk assessments and travel advisories by the UK government.
Desired Skills and Experience
· You should have a recognised degree with preferably 2 to 4 years of prior business development or market analysis experience and a strong interest in international trade, business development and investment promotion.
· Prior experience in handling projects related to the UK and Nordic markets, and to the energy, innovation and tech sectors will be a plus.
· You should be a confident presenter with good interpersonal skills, and be able to drive projects independently.
· Full business proficiency in English is required; and proficiency in other European languages will be a bonus.
Company: Enterprise Singapore
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A