This listing is about eBay in San Francisco, CA
” id=”job-details” tabindex=”-1″>
About the job
Looking to make an impact on the future of global commerce? Do you want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, and engage around the world?
We need strong engineers to join us and build the next generation of search products in eBay search. If you enjoy the scale and technical complexity of advertising and want to work closely with researchers yet drive the highest standards on system quality, join now. Help us redefine advertising at eBay.
Who are we?:
The Search Ranking and Monetization Team is the biggest contributor to eBay’s advertising program and drives a significant portion of revenue. We are growing at a rapid pace and committed to building a stellar team. We are a team where people who do things differently and win are rewarded and grow. Our team is results-oriented and hardworking; the environment is relaxed and fun. We get things done that make a difference.
What will you do?:
- Drive the search monetization technical vision by incorporating and developing software engineering processes and standards to enhance eBay’s buying experience.
- Collaborate with scientists and product managers to deploy complex yet scalable core algorithmic logic.
- Create robust data pipelines and real-time monitoring and optimization algorithms.
- 4+ years of software design and development experience, solid foundation in computer science with strong proficiencies in data structures, algorithms, OOPs, and Software Design
- Experience in designing and operating big data processing pipelines, such as: Hadoop, Spark, Hive, ETL
- 3+ years of software development experience in building large scale Web Services and Backend Applications using Java, C++, and related technologies
- Proven results-oriented person with a delivery focused in a high fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent professional experience, with 3+ years of experience,
- Masters degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent professional experience, with 1+ years of experience.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible. Jobs posted with location as “Remote – United States (Excludes CO, HI, NM)” excludes Colorado, Hawaii and New Mexico.
For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Job Location: San Francisco, CA
Application Deadline: N/A