Website East Coast Concepts
Are you looking for a Job at East Coast Concepts in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
The role of the Bar Manager is to manage all aspects of the unit while on shift. In addition, the Bar Manager is overall responsible for internal sales growth initiatives of the bars and the cost of consumption of liquor in the venue. The Bar Manager will assist the management team in operating and maintaining the unit to maximise profitability while ensuring that company standards, policies and procedures are maintained.
Department – Site Management
Line Manager – General Manager
Key Relationships – IST’s, Management team, Head Chef.
Hours – You are expected to work hours to meet the needs of the business. The nature of the business means that you will be expected to work on evenings and weekends.
Measurement – 121, BSC, guest feedback.
- Lead by example demonstrating how to deliver an exceptional guest experience.
- Ensure the cleanliness and atmosphere of the unit are in line with company standards and guidance.
- Ensure that the unit is effectively managed and staffed at all times.
- Always look for opportunities to enhance and elevate the bar experience.
- Monitor the quality of food and service to make sure they are in accordance with company standards.
- Make sure all complaints are handled effectively and efficiently with the end result being a happy customer.
- Actively part of the Bar team, bartending or bar backing where needed.
BUSINESS & FINANCIAL AWARENESS
- Responsible for driving sales within the bars, through developing new promotions and championing existing promotions.
- Responsibility for control of all liquor stock to decrease surplus deficit by conducting / managing line checks, tracking variances, monitoring wastage, and conducting a full weekly stock take.
- Produce weekly labour forecasts and schedule according to targets set by your line manager.
- Manage the security of cash, product and equipment while on shift and report any problems to a senior Manager on handover.
- Ensure the unit is run to the company and legal standards regarding Hygiene, Health and Safety, and Licensing.
- Whenever possible maintain flexible operating hours, adapting to unforeseen circumstances to suit the situation.
- Participate in weekly Management meetings using pre-prepared feedback regarding your department and responsibilities.
- Ensure that point of sale material in the unit is of the required standard and displayed within the appropriate time frame i.e. menus, table stands, posters etc.
- Manage cost of labour and consumption of stock (food and liquor) while on shift, without compromising the guest experience or company standards.
- Always look for opportunities to maximise sales opportunity through each department.
- Identify and solve any problems that affect sales and profit in liaison with the Management Team.
- Monitor maintenance of premises and equipment on a regular basis and report recommended actions to the rest of the Management Team.
- Ensure security of the premises, stock and cash whilst on shift.
- Direct responsibility for the Bar department ensuring that people management duties above are compliant and at the correct company standards.
- Responsible for ongoing support and development of the bar IST.
- Prioritise employee engagement through incentives and on-the-spot rewards.
- Support the bar IST with inductions of new staff in-line with company standards.
- Ensure all legislative training is completed and recorded within the required time scale.
- Manage the coordination of staff on- the- job training through the IST.
- Always develop and encourage your team through scheduled job chats and regular feedback.
- Conduct disciplinaries where necessary, seeking guidance from the GM and using templates provided.
- Ensure good communication through shift briefs and the utilisation of internal communication platforms.
- Ensure employees comply with all legislation regarding Health and Safety, Fire safety, Food safety and licensing law at all times.
- Assist in ensuring all recruitment and internal promotions are carried out in accordance with the company’s Equal Opportunities Policy by assessing all candidates against established person specifications and job criteria.
Company: East Coast Concepts
Vacancy Type: £25,000/yr – £30,000/yr · Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A