Are you looking for a Job at DSM in Dalry, Scotland, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global, purpose-led, science-based company active in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM’s purpose is to create brighter lives for all. DSM addresses with its products and solutions some of the world’s biggest challenges while simultaneously creating economic, environmental and societal value for all its stakeholders – customers, employees, shareholders, and society at large. DSM delivers innovative solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company was founded in 1902 and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
More information can be found at www.dsm.com .
Job Title: Improve Equipment Reliability (IER) Engineer
Department: Operational Support
Reporting To: B Smith
C level: C39
We have one permanent vacancy within the Operational Support Department working on dayshift.
The IER Engineer responsibilities include:
- Analyse plant performance, maintenance history, preventative maintenance, and asset utilisation data to assist in determining the criticality of installed equipment.
- Facilitate Criticality Ranking sessions progressing IER actions to closure.
- For critical equipment facilitate the Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA) reviews.
- For failure modes of critical equipment investigate alternative ways to control the failure mechanism.
- Where required facilitate Root Cause Analysis (RCA) investigations.
- Ensure that the SAP data base is up to date with the criticality of installed equipment.
- Define, Measure, Analyse & Improve the Preventive & Predictive Maintenance (PPM) plan achieving maximum availability of the plant against the lowest costs.
- Translate PPM Plan into specific preventive maintenance activities and procedures.
- Identify and prioritize performance killers and cost drivers related to equipment reliability by evaluating the performance of the plant using statistical methods such as RCA and FMEA.
- Propose and initiate solutions to eliminate actual / potential performance killers and discuss with stakeholders.
- Recommends improvement projects that are sent to the Improve Plant process.
- Safeguard the availability of critical and other spare parts for the plant.
- Increase user knowledge / ownership by supporting training to production and maintenance personnel.
- Maintain IER KPI’s to meet Manufacturing Excellence standards.
- Implement/Propose new techniques to improve the IER work cycle i.e. Lean Six Sigma.
The successful candidates would ideally hold an engineering degree and experience in Equipment Reliability. They should have a proven experience in using analytical tools and techniques to assure early identification of potential problems and to construct reports for areas of concern. Food, FMCG or pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred. Candidates should be conversant with Asset Utilisation (AU) and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) techniques. Experience of leading fault-finding activities and be able to deliver to high performance standards is essential. Candidates must be computer literate, familiar with the functions of Microsoft Office suite and in particular the application of Excel for data analysis. For this role, other essential behaviours are being self-motivated, a team player, ability to write clear reports and a good communicator.
This position is also being posted internally and externally on the company internet, therefore please apply for this post via the intranet page, [email protected]. On this web page you will fill in your contact details and attach your cv.
Royal DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext. For more information about DSM see http://www.dsm.com or connect on
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Associate
Job Location: Dalry, Scotland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com