Website Dollar General
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Dollar General in Goodlettsville, TN
About the job
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we’re still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
The Director position will be responsible for coordinating general HR support for the store support center employee population. This includes employee relations assistance for employees and managers with work related issues, advice to managers on performance/behavioral management including counselings, conducting investigations, partnering with managers on terminations, career counseling and other general conflict resolution through active listening and objective feedback. This position is responsible for keeping management abreast of the general morale of the store support center employee population. Lastly, this position is responsible for partnering with management at the SSC to connect with other HR partners to support them in their roles and in managing their employees.
- Communicate regularly to supervisors regarding employment law regulations and responsibilities and provide DG policy guidance and interpretation
- Conduct investigations related to employee complaints, violations of the Zero Tolerance policy or any other employee investigation
- Mediate between employees and/or employees/supervisors for conflict resolution
- Represent Dollar General in legal proceedings, including unemployment hearings
- Coach employees who have productivity, attendance or conduct problems and their supervisors
- Assist employees in defining their career niche at Dollar General through career counseling in partnership with HRD
- Partner with supervisors on employee issues including counseling/coaching and terminations
- Develop creative reward and recognition programs through “out of the box” thinking to facilitate appropriate motivation and recognition to Dollar General employees to promote high performance, values, etc.
- Create relationships with DG corporate employees to build trust and credibility through high visibility and taking advantage of opportunities to learn more about them
- Ensure fair and consistent treatment of employees by supervision
- Have a working knowledge of employment law so as to be aware of potential issues which may involve Dollar General or its employees and to give counsel
- Be aware of current market trends and anticipate Dollar General trends to ensure that employees needs are being met and facilitate communication regarding potential negative issues before they become critical
- Facilitate communication, development and team building across departments through focus groups, project work groups, quarterly supervisor’s newsletter, new employee surveys, etc.
- Communicate consistently with HR leadership regarding the “pulse” of employees at the SSC with recommendations for interventions when needed
- Administer all exit interviews for corporate employees, identify trends and investigate
- Manage the severance/separation program, ability to communicate/explain plan to affected employees. Track employees placed on program to ensure appropriate accruals and deadlines are met with regards to the program.
- Conduct Exit Interviews and give managers feedback when appropriate.
- Coach managers on how to provide feedback to employees on performance issues and how to effectively handle separations when necessary.
- Manage the development, implementation and aid in understanding of all Dollar General policies and procedures, including employee handbooks, so as to communicate them accurately to employees
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong knowledge of and experience in administering and ensuring FMLA, ADA, FLSA, Title VII and all other employment laws.
- Demonstration of Dollar General values and mission
- Demonstrated ability to impart knowledge to others
- Effective active listening and creative clarification skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality and develop trust with employees
- Experience in developing and maintaining incentive, reward and recognition programs for a large population of employees
- Able to turn ideas into reality from the research stage to completion
- Exceptional planning, coordination and implementation skills for project management
- Strong desire to lead, motivate and develop teams to maximize employee satisfaction, productivity and retention
- Excellent networking, relationship-building and follow-up skills
- Able to communicate effectively with various personality types, remaining objective and non-judgmental to achieve desired results
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a high stress, deadline-driven, sensitive environment
- Ability to developevise HR related policies that support the needs of our employees and company
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills to include Power Point, Excel, Access and knowledge of HRIS Systems
Work Experience And/Or Education
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required. Graduate degree preferred.
- PHR certification preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of increasingly responsible experience in a Human Resources generalist role with specific strength in employee relations, employment law and compliance within a competitive human resources setting including at least 5 years leading these functions in a large company is required. Previous retail HR experience is a plus.
Company: Dollar General
Vacancy Type: $59,000/yr – $94,000/yr (LinkedIn est.) · Full-time · Director
Job Location: Goodlettsville, TN
Application Deadline: N/A