Website Detroit Medical Center
This listing is about Detroit Medical Center in Detroit, MI
About the job
4 West is a cardiac telemetry unit designated for the care of the acutely ill adult patient with a variety of diagnoses. Whether it is assisting to manage chronic illnesses or help treat acute conditions, our collaborative team lives to serve our Community and strives to provide safe, reliable, quality care. We proudly promote professional nurse advancement and offer ACLS and arrhythmia/EKG interpretation training. RN ratios of 1:5 with acuity based assignments and PCA ratio of 1:8. Our unit specializes on the use of Wound vac, PCA pumps, Specialty Beds. We do what we do because we are driven to make a difference in the patients we serve. Come help the helpers and be a part of our team!
Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMC’s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Grace’s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
The Detroit Medical Center (DMC) Registered Nurse (RN) is a member of the Patient Care Services Team, and is responsible for the satisfactory completion of nursing care by the nursing team. The RN manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members including ancillary and support services. The role of the Registered Nurse at the DMC encompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration, teaching and supervision.
The DMC RN
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians and other health care providers
- Delegates, assesses, provides and evaluates patient care
- Provides and delegates patient care activities to team members
- Monitors patient progress and prepares patient for discharge
- Reports directly to senior unit management and participates in shared decision-making activities
- Graduation from a school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan required.
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS required.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Nights
Company: Detroit Medical Center
Job Location: Detroit, MI
Application Deadline: N/A