Are you looking for a Job at Dematic in Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
To maintain, repair and support the equipment detailed within the agreed Dematic scope of contract on the Customer’s site. Primarily ensuring delivery to both Dematic and the Customer’s expectations with the aim of achieving KPI targets at all times.
During Engineering Shift Manager absence, to deliver all aspects of the engineering contract within key KPI guidelines with a team of multi-disciplined technicians and assistant engineers.
What we offer:
We are here to support you for the entirety of your Dematic career. From a fast start of learning Dematic’s history and foundational training to succeed in your role to leadership development programs, technical training and certifications, and Career Navigator to identify challenging new opportunities, our goal is to help you grow beyond your borders.
Competitive Compensation And Benefits
Our attractive and market competitive total rewards packages are designed to reward high performance and to assist in managing your personal and family needs. Dematic offers robust packages based on employment status and national requirements.
Dematic is committed to pay transparency. As such, Dematic will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
However, Dematic will still maintain confidentiality of your pay information. Employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Dematic, or (c) consistent with Dematic’s legal duty to furnish information.
As a global company, our employees are exposed to different ideas and perspectives from around the world. We offer international assignments for qualified employees and wherever possible, we offer flexible working hours and modern workspace design.
Learn More Here: https://www.dematic.com/en-us/about/careers/what-we-offer/
Tasks and Qualifications:
- Carry out AMHE equipment servicing in accordance with the quality standards and time schedules as set out in the equipment manuals
- To undertake scheduled repairs in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations and industry standard practices
- Diagnosis of Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic / PLC / PC faults and subsequent repairs
- Prioritise system faults
- To comply with Health & Safety legislation at all times
- To ensure quality of output at all times
- To accurately record all work undertaken
- Involvement in continuous improvement and sales opportunities
- Maintain product flow at all times
- To ensure on-site spares are kept to optimum levels
- To represent the company in a professional manner at all times and maintain customer relations
- To adhere to the Quality processes and procedures as set out by the company in the absence of the Engineering Shift Manager:
- Day to day management of a multi-disciplined and assistant engineering team
- Delivery of key service elements such as planned preventative maintenance, fault rectification and fault eradication
- Deliver written and verbal communications at all levels
- Drive a structured process of continuous improvement
- Fully interact with the customer in day to day activities
- To fully embrace and ensure delivery of key staff processes:
- Team and individual attendance
- Staff discipline
- Staff development identified through Staff Dialogue (appraisal)
- Monitor and steer third party support contracts to ensure delivery of key service KPI’s
- Fully interact with other engineering team leaders to ensure consistency across shifts and best practice is shared
- Monitor and maintain pre-agreed SLA’s
Knowledge & Experience Required
- ONC (or equivalent) minimum in Engineering
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship
- A working understanding of Mechanical, Electrical & Electronic technical manuals & drawings
- Basic understanding of control systems and techniques
- Basic understanding of PLC equipment
- Working at height
- Previous experience of working with various conveyor systems
- PC literacy
- Understanding of pre-preventive maintenance (PPM) schedules
- Working knowledge of FEM and BS standards governing the automated warehouse industry
- Apprenticeship served
- Previous experience in team management / leading teams preferable
- Health and Safety experience
- Excellent IT skills
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com