This Job listing is about Mediavine in 美国 伊利诺伊州 芝加哥 2022 exclusively on us.q4jobs.com
Mediavine is seeking a Data Analyst to join our Engineering team. We are looking for someone who enjoys solving interesting problems and wants to work with a small team of talented engineers on a product used by thousands of publishers. Applicants must be based in the United States.
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 8,000 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is ensuring your brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren’t platitudes to us; we take them seriously.
Position Title & Overview
The Data & Analytics team consists of data analysts, data engineers and analytics engineers working to build the most effective platform and tools to help uncover opportunities and make decisions with data here at Mediavine. We partner with Product, Support, Ad Operations and other teams within the Engineering department to understand behavior, develop accurate predictors and build solutions that provide the best internal and external experience possible.
The Data Analyst role will be assisting the analysts in their support of the business and helping to guide the direction through data based decisions. They will provide support in developing analytical processes and make use of data in meaningful ways that produce positive results.
Our current analytics toolkit consists of Tableau, Metabase and dbt running on top of a Snowflake data warehouse. We are exploring new BI tools and expect this position to add value in the implementation of this tool.
- Work collaboratively with the product, support, engineering and ad ops to develop analytic monitoring and measurement tools that meet immediate needs
- Develop self service tools that allow internal users to answer the next question beyond the initial ask
- Assist on assigned projects through all phase
- Increase the company’s analytical ability and comfort level through approachable analyses for non-analytical stakeholders and audience specific guidance
- Create visualizations to monitor business performance and uncover interesting trends for investigation
- Communicating requirements to the data engineering members of the team to make sure the platform can support the business needs
- Lead anomaly investigation helping other teams identify root cause and present findings
- Define and create exception based alerting that is meaningful for specific audiences along with investigation and remediation steps
- Comfortably test and critique the process we use for exploratory data analysis and A/B testing. This includes helping stakeholders decide on testing strategy, generating baselines, approximating sample sizes and performing analysis of test results
- Work with data engineers and analytics engineers to standardize transformation logic in the dbt layer for consistency and ease of exploration by end users
- Adhere to data analysis code best practices and analysis standards
- Applicants must be based in the United States.
- 4+ years of experience in a data analyst role
- Extremely strong SQL skills (CTEs, window functions, optimization)
- Experience with one or more major BI tools like Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, etc. (Domo preferred)
- Experience using machine learning techniques (NLP, regression, k-nearest neighbors)
- Comfortable working with multi-TB cloud data warehouses (Big Query, Snowflake, Redshift)
- Knowledge of Ad Tech, Google Ad Manager and all of it’s fun quirks (so fun)
Nice to haves:
- Experience with web analysis such as creating product funnels, user behavior, and paths
- Experience with designing and analyzing experiments including but not limited to A/B testing
- Experience with R or Python for creating data models or data manipulation
- The ability to make your teammates laugh (it wouldn’t hurt if you were fun to work with is what I’m saying)
- Familiarity with event tracking systems (NewRelic, Snowplow, etc)
- Experience with dbt and Snowflake
- Remote work environment
- Travel opportunities (remember those!?)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more
- Company match charitable donations
Mediavine is an Equal Opportunity Employer
||美国 伊利诺伊州 芝加哥