Website Danaher Corporation
This listing is about Danaher Corporation in Chicago, IL
About the job
The Content and Channel Strategist is an integral member of the Danaher Internal Communications team.
They will be responsible for advancing our channel and content strategy for internal communications across the enterprise, including governance and channel management to support Danaher’s Global Associate Resource Groups (ARGs).
The incumbent will must be a strategic thinker, while also able to manage the details and tactical execution. The role requires someone with strong analytical abilities to gather key business and user insights and apply their strategic thinking to create a long-term vision for the content that’s generated.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage content production, in collaboration with internal content developers, to support content strategy. Continually review and incorporate the latest technologies and best practices to amplify content strategy. Draw insights from user data to inform content strategies.
- Oversee Danaher’s current content channels. Seek out opportunities for continuous improvement of existing channels; propose and test new opportunities to expand reach. Make recommendations about how to best leverage existing and emerging Microsoft tools to make the associate experience more personalized and engaging.
- Create and manage internal communications editorial calendar, including content that supports our company’s brand story and our D+I priorities. Collaborate with Danaher communications and Talent Acquisitions teams to leverage external content internally and internal content externally as appropriate. Identify appropriate channels to reach target audiences and oversee distribution of content through those channels.
- Manage content on our company intranet, including routine edits and revisions and helping to prepare content for upcoming migration to SharePoint Modern. Provide input and direction on the design of our company intranet in SharePoint Modern and collaborate with Corporate IT to develop targeting/filtering strategy.
- Manage multimedia assets, including photography, videos, and graphics.
- Ensure content across all channels complies with the Danaher brand guidelines.
For Danaher’s ARGs, the Content and Channel Strategist will:
- Support the creation of communications best practices and standard work and revise bi-annually to meet the ongoing needs of the ARGs.
- Onboard new ARG Communications Leads, including orienting them to standard work, best practices and communications channels. Support each ARG in creating and executing a content strategy for all channels.
- Create templates and standard work communication for events, such as invites, and pulse surveys
- Meet monthly with ARG Communications Workstream Leads to provide standards, best practice sharing, consulting, and to stay up to date on strategy and goals.
- Coach and guide ARG steering committee members on communications best practices, strategies, and processes.
- You must be an idea generator and problem solver with excellent communication and organizational skills. You should be intellectually curious and have a strong work ethic. You should be an independent thinker and self-starter with the bandwidth to multitask, prioritize and work on several key projects at a given time. You must have the ability to participate in spirited give-and-take discussions about your work. It is important that you have strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work with people at multiple levels both inside and outside of Danaher.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience, with experience implementing new communications channels and technologies across an organization preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with branding and supporting Diversity + Inclusion initiatives preferred
- Ability to analyze data and translate it into actionable recommendations to improve how we deliver content to our global associates.
- A spirit of collaboration, ability to work as part of multiple teams with individuals at various career levels
- Global project management expertise and a familiarity working in a global corporation with multiple lines of business and a multi-generational workforce
- Great editing and presentation skills
- A strong attention to detail, superior time management and organizational skills Comfort working in a high-energy, quickly changing and demanding environment
**Role can be based in Washington DC or fully remote with occasional travel (typically less than 20%)**
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Company: Danaher Corporation
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: N/A