Website CVS Health
This listing is about CVS Health in Ohio, United States
About the job
We are looking for a Data Engineer with strong programming skills to join our team working on large scale clinical data science projects.
As a Data Engineer you will, assist in the development of large-scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and address project delivery needs. You will collaborate with data science team members and help to productionalize machine learning models, optimize pipelines, and scale AI projects.
- Collaborate with data engineering and data science team members and to help develop, optimize, and support major AI / ML projects as they scale.
- Collaborate with business and other related project stakeholders and translate business requirements into viable technical specifications for viable solutions.
- Write ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, design database systems, and develop tools for analytic processing and operations.
- Lead portions of initiatives with guidance and direction
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into automated processes.
- Use knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries to build data pipelines.
- Use programming skills in Python, Java or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems.
- Build data marts and data models to support clients and other internal customers.
- Integrate data from a variety of sources, assuring data quality and accessibility standards.
- Apply an understanding of business context, needs, priorities to accomplish your work.
- Use expertise, judgment and precedents to resolve moderately complex problems.
- Please Note this position is available local to our Wellesley, MA office or fully remote.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with programming languages
- Strong programming skills in Python required. Familiarity with other programming languages (Java, C, etc) expected.
- Solid fundamental programming knowledge/education most critical overall.
- Shell/Bash skills required. Unix/Linux understanding required.
- Strong SQL and ETL skills required.
- HQL/Hadoop/Hive experience desired (major plus).
- Machine learning experience desired (major plus)
- Ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems.
CVS Health requires its Colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 10 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 45 days of your employment. In some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination before you can begin to actively work. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. In some states and roles, you may be required to have an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
- Spark, Java, and Scala skills are a plus as is familiarity with big data infrastructures, tools, workflows.
- Knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries against data in the HDFS environment.
- Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
- Experience building data transformation and processing solutions.
- Knowledge of large-scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline
Master’s degree or PhD preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Company: CVS Health
Job Location: Ohio, United States
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org