Website Cummins Inc.
This listing is about Cummins Inc in Indianapolis, IN
About the job
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Accounting Policy Senior Analyst to join our team specializing in Finance for our Distribution Business Segment in your remote home office anywhere in North America.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Participates on project teams to ensure timely Cummins implementation of new U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) requirements. Draft accounting policies and/or updates existing accounting policies necessary to comply with new U.S. GAAP pronouncements. Assist with training sessions for company-wide finance personnel on new US GAAP requirements and new accounting policies.
- Manages and communicates our Cummins accounting policies to finance personnel across the company. Presents to Business Unit finance leadership on status of projects and quarterly reporting items. Keeps team members updated on project needs to assist in deploying appropriate resources to needs within the team
- Reviews Annual Physical Inventory Exemption requests submitted by Business Unit entities and documents compliance with accounting policy.
- Preparation of quarterly reporting materials, including Quarterly Risk and Operations Review (QROR), management representation letters and questionnaires. Helps facilitate and respond to auditor requests.
- Participates in teams on certain critical accounting policy updates required due to changes in business practices or due to requests for guidance from the business units.
- Administers the accounting policy database and provide periodic updates to the Accounting Policy webpage on companies portal. Assists with responding to periodic surveys as it relates to our accounting practices.
- Assists the Accounting Policy Director to provide accounting guidance and prepare accounting memorandums on complex or judgmental transactions including, but not limited to, revenue transactions, asset impairments, leasing transactions, licensing arrangements, acquisitions, divestitures, joint venture formations, and restructuring actions.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- College, university, or equivalent degree in Accounting required.
- Licensed or working toward Certified Public Accountant or equivalent certification required.
- Minimum 3 yearsof relevant work experience in public accounting or relevant corporate accounting.
- Familiarity with Securities and Exchange Commission reporting requirements and process preferred.
Compensation And Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Indianapolis-US, IN, Indianapolis, Cummins DBU Headquarters
Job Type Experienced – Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt – Experienced
Job Posting Feb 13, 2022, 11:29:06 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 220000YA
Company: Cummins Inc.
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org