This listing is about CSTK in Roanoke, VA
About the job
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our solutions to today’s global challenges are driven by our Mission of “Driving prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions” and our Vision “To be the most desired and successful transport and infrastructure solution provider in the world”.
Our Offer To You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
Volvo Group is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which include Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values are a major force in guiding our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision making at all levels of the organization. Our values are easy to understand, and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What You Will Be Doing
Our Supplier Development Engineer (SDE) team is a dedicated group responsible for ensuring that Volvo Trucks North America (VTNA) has adequate quality, capacity, and flexibility throughout the supply chain. Our function requires developing suppliers, which includes all phases of product lifecycle, from start of production to aftermarket phase. The SDE also assists with supplier delivery crisis situations to mitigate impacts and secure deliveries to the Volvo Group production and aftermarket sites.
As an SDE you will support purchasing teams with supply chain quality, efficiency, capacity, and flexibility issues, as well as support delivery crises within your area. You will provide supply chain expertise to buyers and suppliers while operating as an important link between purchasing and the plants. This role can be based out of the Greensboro NC, Hagerstown MD, Allentown PA, Dublin VA, or Roanoke VA areas, and reports to the Manager, Supplier Development North America.
Although inter-related, the position can be focused in two different areas, with different responsibilities:
- Focus on Supplier Crisis:
- Coordinating delivery crises management and providing supply chain expertise to solve crises
- Identifying root causes of crises through deep dive in problem solving
- Coordinating communication with stakeholders in crises situations
- Focus on Supplier Improvement:
- Monitoring the capacity and flexibility in the supply chain through capacity audits (live audits and self-assessments)
- Managing supplier capacity issues and driving action plans to mitigate delivery and capacity risk
- Driving and developing supplier problem solving techniques for identified supplier fault issues
- Develop supply partners to increase efficiency, quality, and capacity (live audits, PPAPs, lean techniques, etc.)
- Common focus:
- Contributing to the development and way of working within the team
- Serving as a key partner of Purchasing Operations groups regarding Supply Chain related issues
- Developing suppliers to meet the quality and demand requirements of Volvo Trucks North America (VTNA)
What We Are Looking For
- 3 or more years of Supplier Development/Quality experience from within the automotive industry
- Supply chain development and crisis management skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Customer focused mindset, dedicated to meet external and internal customer expectations
- Desire to work in a collaborative team towards a common purpose
- Strong integrity and creativity
- Flexibility and preparedness to travel with short notice
- University degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, or Business
- Competitive base salary
- Company bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401(K) with company match, as well as additional automatic company contribution
- Culture with a passion for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for all
- Aggressive approach to Sustainability
- Flexible work environment
- 5 – 6 weeks of annual vacation
- Global organization with expansive career growth opportunities
- Volvo Group University for professional and personal development
- Workplace health/wellness, and reimbursement programs
- Would you like to dig deeper into some of the above topics? We invite you to continue your exploratory journey here!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 supply chain partners in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
Auto req ID
Group Trucks Purchasing
State / Province
Travel Required (maximum)
United States,Allentown,Pennsylvania, United States,Dublin,Virginia, United States,Greensboro,North Carolina, United States,Hagerstown,Maryland, United States,Roanoke,Virginia
Last application date
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify
Job Location: Roanoke, VA
Application Deadline: N/A