Website Convoy Inc
This listing is about Convoy Inc in Seattle, WA
About the job
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes’ Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine’s ‘Impact 20’ list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
About The Team
A Market Analyst is relied on as the market expert for Convoy Marketplace & Operations teams. This role sits in the Brokerage Operations org, conducting research and tracking both Convoy and industry metrics to diagnose and take action when freight markets are changing. A Market Analyst’s expertise will enable Convoy to accelerate our pace of growth and automation.
You can analyze a myriad of signals that vary in form and significance to contextualize the greater trucking market and Convoy’s internal carrier capacity. As a Market Analyst, you will be comfortable with ambiguity, conducting independent research, and making decisions with less than perfect information. You enjoy extrapolating data, investigating market dynamics, and working with stakeholders to inform internal teams, business strategy, and machine learning models. Said another way, your research and decisions will have outsized impacts on Convoy’s shipper & carrier marketplace.
- Research and understand markets defined by geography, equipment type, and/or carrier segment, understanding seasonal and real time market shifts that impact supply and demand in the trucking industry
- Monitor and analyze both internal and external data feeds that identify changing marketplace dynamics
- Keep internal stakeholders teams up-to-date on events that impact our marketplace (seasonal trends, key industry developments, breaking news, weather etc.) to align the company on market trends and strategy adjustments
- Work closely with Brokerage Operations regional teams to share information on market conditions and receive feedback on real time carrier behavior
- Partner with Marketplace Growth to influence company portfolio strategy based on external market and internal capacity shifts
- Assess the impact of real-time signals and make adjustments to the Convoy marketplace and algorithms accordingly
- Conduct post-mortem analyses to evaluate the effectiveness of decisions and implement learnings
We’re Looking For Someone Who Has
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of research, consulting, analyst, commodity trading, and/or support to operations and/or sales teams
- Strong written and cross-functional communication skills
- A proven track at conducting independent market research to contextualize markets and drive action
- Proven analytical skills – Experience creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics; Experience writing/understanding SQL is important.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable making high-impact decisions with less than perfect information
- A self starter who identifies problems to solve and manages solutions from end to end
Employees’ wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
- On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
- On demand primary care through 98.6
- Generous paid time off
- Paid parental leave program
- Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
- Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
- Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Company: Convoy Inc
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com