Website Convoy Inc
This listing is about Convoy Inc in Seattle, WA
About the job
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes’ Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine’s ‘Impact 20’ list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
Convoy Go is a drop & hook marketplace that allows any carrier or owner-operator in the U.S. to start hauling pre-loaded trailers — and to operate at the same level as large asset-based carriers. Drop & hook shipments (pre-loaded trailers) currently represent the majority of Fortune 500 company shipments. To date, most of these shipments have been serviced by large asset-based carriers. Convoy Go enables any carrier or owner-operator in the U.S. using the Convoy app to operate at the same level as large asset-based carriers, in terms of fleet utilization, service levels, and access to shipments. With its drop & hook marketplace, Convoy Go creates a seamless “grab and go” system, where carriers simply bring their power unit (a truck’s engine and cab), pick up a pre-loaded trailer, and hit the road. To accomplish this, Convoy Go leverages its Universal Trailer Pool, a nationwide pool of Convoy-managed trailers that can be used by any driver in Convoy’s network, with no rental fees. Learn more about Convoy Go
- Lead: Driving the vision, urgency, and impact of a key Convoy initiative – you are able to own and drive multiple programs and vendor relationships to drive the strategy and execution of this key business unit.
- Just do it attitude: You have strong operational mindedness and can drive concrete programs and an ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team.
- Communications: You have excellent written and oral communication skills. You clearly communicate goals, issues, and status to all stakeholders and partners – both internal and external.
- Judgment: You can assess costs, benefits, and risks to your programs. You can identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively.
- Influence: You drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Fluency with data: You love working with numbers and can draw insights and actions from them, unlocking both incremental and large operational improvements. Excel, SQL and/or similar data analysis experience
We’re Looking For Someone Who Has
- 5-10 years of experience, preferably in industrial asset procurement, maintenance and management.
- Experience managing external vendors from engagement and negotiation through ongoing vendor management, including contract negotiations.
- Project management, program, or product management experience preferred.
- Superior organizational and time management skills; Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Strong experience building and growing internal and external relationships.
- Ability to identify and communicate problems and create scalable solutions quickly to resolve the issues.
Employees’ wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
- On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
- On demand primary care through 98.6
- Generous paid time off
- Paid parental leave program
- Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
- Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
- Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Company: Convoy Inc
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com