This Job listing is about JEM in New Oxford, PA 2022 exclusively on us.q4jobs.com
Exciting things are happening at JEM Group!
As the largest woman-owned construction services firm in PA, JEM Group provides design-build, construction management, cost estimating and general contracting services. We improve the communities where we live and build. We earn the trust and respect of our clients through listening and promptly responding to their needs. These relationships, along with hiring the best people, are truly why JEM Group is a local leader in the industry.
We offer competitive salaries, superb benefits package and a great place to work! We consistently rank in Central PA’s fastest growing companies annually.
OUR CONSTRUCTION TEAM
As a Construction Superintendent, you will have a great deal of interaction with customers and the JEM team. Teamwork is essential at JEM; every person plays a vital role in our success. Every project takes dedication and commitment to customer satisfaction and safety. Our Superintendents know their job best and work directly with Project Managers to bring passion to oversee the onsite management of projects large and small.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years commercial construction experience as a Superintendent or similar title.
What You Need To Succeed.
Leadership & Communication
- Construction Superintendent is responsible to the owner and JEM to ensure that the project is completed in accordance with the objectives for cost, time, and quality.
- Coordinate with subcontractors and suppliers to maintain schedule, operational needs, and site logistics daily.
- Strong analytical, organization, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, plus relationship-building skills.
- Ability to interact across various organizational levels.
- Capability to coach, discipline and terminate as necessary.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, motivational and negotiation skills.
- Proactive and driven to achieve results.
- Possesses a strong understanding of safety policies and procedures.
- Directs the overall safety culture within area(s) of responsibility.
- Enforces safety procedures to ensure that all field work is undertaken safely and in compliance with safety plans for both JEM Group and the customer safety policies.
- Ability to identify unsafe conditions and eliminate risk.
- Prepare daily construction reports as well as monitor status to ensure the project adheres to the project schedule and expectations.
- Provide all necessary input to the project to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Employees are expected to work as a team to meet daily expectations.
- Ensure quality standards and cost control met.
- Ability to read commercial construction blueprints and specifications.
- Ability to synchronize project work and conduct project look-ahead.
- Client Satisfaction
- Interface and coordinate with customers and managing subs to ensure quality control and adherence to schedule.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with customers.
What you’ll get in return!
- We are committed to a culture that’s open & honest, respectful, and inclusive with great opportunity for professional growth.
- Contribute to a future improving the lives of people and communities we serve.
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results.
- Thrive in a people-driven woman-owned company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
- Utilize leading industry leading software
Our Awesome Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) + matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Vision insurance
- Corporate Outings and Events
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
Paid vehicle and phone
Who We Are
JEM Group is a woman-owned construction services firm located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. From the beginning, the driving force of our organization has been to improve the communities where we live and build.
Our portfolio of work includes projects of all sizes and levels of complexity – from the simple office fit-out to a complex urban renewal project. Our diversity of experience across the markets we serve and our capabilities ensure that we can meet the needs of all of our clients.
We are committed to providing extraordinary service to every client by providing leadership, collaboration and creativity on each project.
Our employees are our biggest asset at JEM and we support this through action. We are highly collaborative and take great pride in our work.
Our dedication to delivering quality construction projects in our community through teamwork, leadership and accountability has earned us the reputation of a responsive firm that delivers results to clients.
If you are looking for a growing company that culture promotes openness, honesty and accountability while truly supporting work-life balance, then we encourage you to apply!
Minorities, veterans, and females are encouraged to apply.
||New Oxford, PA