Website Comprehensive Community Health Centers
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Comprehensive Community Health Centers in Sunland, California, United States
About the job
Responsible for assisting the Dentist in the direct provision of primary care dental services to patients of the center. The Dental Assistant is also responsible for sterilization, preparation and inventory control of dental instruments and supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering their questions and giving directions to patients as authorized by the dentist.
- Serves as dentist’s chair side assistant.
- Prepares operatory for patient treatment as per Dental Department protocols and the dentist’s directions.
- Exposes and develops dental radiographs in accordance with state regulations and law as well as Dental Department directive and protocol.
- Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by the dentist in accordance with state regulation and law and Dental Department directive and protocol.
- Maintains Dental Department equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s direction and Dental Department policy and protocol.
- Maintains all Dental Department areas in compliance with Dental department directives and protocols as well as center policies and procedures relative to infection control, exposure control and safety issues.
- Maintains adequate operatory supplies and complies a list of individual item shortages for inventory control and ordering purposes.
- Maintains a list of all Dental Department patients, monitors patient flow, and assists the Dental director, dentist in assuring that all patient records and documents are properly and accurately completed and filed.
- Receives and places necessary telephone calls consistent with professional matters, clinic business and patient of the dental department.
- Insures the sterility of all reusable dental instruments and equipment in accordance with dental department directive and protocol.
- Insures the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially contaminated materials in accordance with dental department directive, center policy as well as state and federal regulations.
- Participates in appropriate health promotion / disease prevention activities, both on site and off site as required.
- As directed by a supervisor, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieved organizational and programmatic goals and objectives.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED certification.
- Certified Dental Assistant preferred.
- At least one year experience in dental office setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency with computer applications such as Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Ability to learn and utilize patient management software and dental practice software.
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
- Ability to find solutions when barriers are identified.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize when needed.
- Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Experience and work ethics that supports working within a high functioning, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to work under supervision.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with staff.
- Ability to use computer and learn new software programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills reflecting clarity and diplomacy and the ability to communicate accurately and effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a regulatory climate that includes oversight of state and federal entities, payer contracts etc.
- Possesses ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Possesses genuine respect for others and acceptance of their individual social and cultural traits.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
- Able to travel and attend professional meetings, conferences, trainings and clinic sites.
- Demonstrate flexibility, enthusiasm, and willingness to cooperate while working with others in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proficiency and/or ability to expand knowledge of department specific key performance indicators. This includes interrupting data and ability to generate, as well, share self-service reports. In addition, the ability use reports/data to drive decision making.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Position requires prolonged sitting at a computer, some bending, lifting, stooping and stretching. Good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard, photocopy machine, telephone, and other office equipment is also required. Employee must have normal range of hearing and eyesight.
NOTE: The essential job functions for this position include, but may not be limited to those listed in this job description. Employees hired for this position must be able to perform the essential functions of this job without imposing significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others
Company: Comprehensive Community Health Centers
Vacancy Type: Contract · Entry level
Job Location: Sunland, California, United States
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com