This listing is about Comcast in Centennial, CO
About the job
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the worlds best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for leading a team of Software Development Engineers in the planning and designing of software and web applications. Manages projects from design to testing, including new programs, enhancements and modifications. Collaborates with Quality Assurance team to conduct testing. Has overall responsibility for developing/administering performance standards for organizational unit. Manages team which may include exempt and non-exempt employees. Provides subject matter guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies and assists in the development and meeting of departmental budget.
Attention AWS Managers. Thousands of AWS specialists have seen their careers grow through this organization that offers a multitude of innovative projects that would satisfy any IT professional’s appetite for knowledge and experience. This organization has been working with cutting edge technologies and utilizing new and innovative AWS services in each of their projects. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to work with innovative projects, knowledgeable and experienced staff, and the competitive compensation.
This job involves supporting a full range of activities necessary to deliver services on an end-to-end basis supporting the global Comcast and Sky Cable Video This Manager will be focused on the On Demand infrastructure, including but not limited to; design, implement, troubleshoot, analyze and maintain the VOD infrastructure of internal and external customer environments; including network connectivity and utilization, Windows / Linux server administration, virtualization, performance tuning, architectural design, software & hardware deployments, process development & analytics development. Manages and guides a team which identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems while maintaining documentation of said networks, systems and processes. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals while providing support, root cause analysis and remediation strategies for identified local and cloud systemic issues. Requires the development of creative technical solutions aimed at improving performance, workflows, methods and procedures.
- Function as a technical leader within an Agile team responsible for the day-to-day, 24x7x365 on-call engineering, system administration and operation of Comcast’s VOD (Video On Demand) ingest and delivery infrastructure
- Lead process improvement strategies, build a strong collaborative environment for all partners, possess and display deep and broad technical knowledge while applying a broad scope of influence. Provide input into system design while composing and publishing technical requirements and architectural designs. Demonstrate deep understanding of end-to-end operational process life cycles and system designs
- Manage and drive solutions through other teams; think strategically across one or more technologies demonstrating a vertical depth of knowledge. Know the latest on cutting-edge technology while educating peers and encouraging knowledge growth and collaboration. Drives and champions change; innovatively solves problems; is willing to take risks and contribute innovative ideas
- Builds strong relationships and operating rhythms with leaders inside and outside their core team to efficiently implement that are cohesive, inclusive, and well- informed.
- Weekly status updates for leadership on progress, any blockers or areas of assistance needed
- Weekly one on one’s with employees to gather critical data to the success of the organization
- Support engineers who maintain the VOD infrastructure via Windows / Linux operating system installations, upgrades, patching, tuning, log parsing, construct data serving methods, system configurations. While guiding and ensuring holistic operational monitoring and alarming practices across Comcast VOD devices
- Lead the team responsible for application software installations, upgrades, and solving problems across products including but not limited to; NetApp, Isilon, Oracle, MySQL, Apache, Aspera, Puppet, Elemental, Ateme, RGB Networks, thePlatform, Nagios, Harmonic, MediaInfo, Sencore, and other Comcast VOD related devices. Lead the planning, testing and execution of aforementioned system and application level upgrades
- Responsible for ensuring all Sky Video on Demand systems are up and processing, in addition, responsible for communication with Sky partners
- Reviews, advises on standard software and hardware builds, system options, risks, costs versus benefits and impact on the enterprise business process and goals.
- Develops and documents the framework for integration and implementation for changes to technical standards. Assists in the development of and handles the architecture governance process.
- Provides technical guidance to project team areas as appropriate. Tracks industry trends and maintains knowledge of new technologies to better serve the enterprise’s architecture needs.
- Build and improve the performance of cloud applications and infrastructure
- Integrate, install, configure, test and support applications for cloud-based services
- Work closely with Engineering, QA, DevOps and support teams to reach overall company objectives
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
Required / Desired Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with (AWS) S3, EC2, RDS, EMR Elastic Load Balancer, DynamoDB, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, EKS, ECS, IAM, EC2, Lambda, Step Functions, App Mesh, X-Ray, S3 (including Glacier), API Gateway, Storage Gateway, VPC Networking & Security, Direct Connect, Elastic Beanstalk, SAM (Serverless Application Model), SNS, SQS, Route 53
- At least 5 years of Cloud systems administration, performance tuning, and troubleshooting experience in a large-scale (100+ servers), customer-facing, highly available environments
- 5 years in-depth experience with IP networking (TCP/IP packet analysis, DNS, DHCP, NAT, SNMP etc.)
- At least 2 years supporting large-scale database applications with a clear understanding of databases and the ability to write / parse SQL queries and databases
- Familiarity with tools development Python, Ruby, GoLang, A focus on automation to reduce time on repeatable tasks and data aggregation / presentation
- Typically has at least 5 to 8 years of IT work experience in cloud infrastructure/systems environments performing systems planning, architecture design, engineering (hardware and software) and optimization
- Experience designing web applications environments on AWS
- Experience with Linux and Automation Tools such as Chef, Ansible or Puppet.
- Will be defining Cloud Data strategy, which includes designing multi-phased implementation roadmaps
- Guiding and mentoring team members
- Working alongside and assisting business development teams with pre-sales activities and RFPs
- Working alongside team members, to develop and design cloud data solutions
- Exploring and discovering new insights and data wrangling of heterogeneous data
- Architecture, design, lead analysis, and development of data warehouse and business intelligence solutions
- Must be proficient in NoSQL, SQL, and relational database development and design
- Hands-on development experience using and migrating data to cloud platforms
- AWS (professional) experience, certification preferred
- Experience with analytical approach to problem-solving; must be able to use technology to solve business problems
- Proven Business Development expertise
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Management in Information Systems, or other related field. Or, equivalent work experience
- AWS Certifications a plus –
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- AWS Certified Developer
- AWS DevOps Engineer
- AWS SysOps Engineer
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Pay Range: $111,539.89 – $167,309.83
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Job Location: Centennial, CO
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org