This Job listing For Year 2022 is about CNET in United States
About the job
This Deals Writer will play a pivotal role in CNET’s ongoing mission to be the best destination for shopping. They will locate, write and update dozens of deals per week and share them with millions of CNET readers.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify and curate daily deals across all shopping categories, with special attention to household products
- Ability to identify new and distinguishable product lines at specific retailers
- Update ongoing deals in key categories, with attention to SEO
- Work with editors, social and promo teams to maximize exposure of deals in a timely fashion
- Write approachable copy that helps demystify the complicated process of shopping for technology products and services for the average person
- Play a key role in covering seasonal commerce content opportunities, including Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday, Prime Day and similar megasales events
- Write and update evergreen and seasonal buying guides targeted at specific price points and consumer groups
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience writing about shopping and buying advice for a general consumer audience
- BA/BS or equivalent experience etc.
- Exceptional writing skills
- Meticulous organizational skills
- Experience with spreadsheets (Excel and/or Google Sheets)
- Experience writing under tight deadlines.
- A good understanding of online retail and consumer shopping trends across all categories
- Excellent knowledge of the full range of retailers and vendors, and their relative strengths versus each other
- Experience with Asana is a plus
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https:/edventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
Vacancy Type: $50,000/yr – $80,000/yr · Full-time · Mid-Senior level
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com