Website Clark Hill Law
This listing is about Clark Hill Law in Frisco, TX
About the job
Clark Hill PLC is seeking to hire a Billing Specialist in its Detroit, Birmingham, Grand Rapids, Lansing, Chicago, or Pittsburgh locations. This non-exempt position reports to the Billing Managers and is responsible for the following job functions.
Essential Job Functions
Responsible for processing client billing in a variety of formats depending on the needs of the client, printing of proformas and/or final bills for attorney’s review, researching and answering billing questions from attorneys, secretaries, and clients, as well as inputting and updating invoices on the accounting system, and uploading to the electronic billing system, as required.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure monthly billing is completed by firm deadlines.
- Prepare documentation and process mark-downs in accordance with Firm policy.
- Process documents for application of Trust and Retainer funds as directed by billing attorney.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries (assistants), administrative staff and clients.
- Review and verify accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Assume responsibility for managing each billing attorney’s portfolio of unbilled time/costs, providing status reports to management as needed.
- Provide input for new billing formats as needed.
- Create billing schedules and various other billing analyses as required.
- Understand and apply Firm billing policies.
- Understand and comply with individual client billing guidelines.
- Observe and maintain confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- Knowledge of various computer software programs to perform duties and responsibilities (Excel, Word, Elite Enterprise, eBilling Hub)
- Operate office equipment including personal computer, copiers, fax machines and 10-key calculator
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Establish and maintain client billing files and billing notes for each attorney.
Education, Experience And Skills
- Associate Degree in Accounting, Business, or related discipline
- College level accounting classes (in lieu of a degree) with 3-5 years or more hands-on billing experience in a law firm or professional services environment.
- Elite, CMS or equivalent accounting software experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with a service-oriented mindset.
- Outstanding problem solving skills, ability to prioritize and organize work flow, and use time efficiently.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Must be self-directed and able to thrive in a busy, time-sensitive environment.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, possibly weekends and evenings.
Company: Clark Hill Law
Job Location: Frisco, TX
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com