Website City of Mississauga
Are you looking for a Job at City of Mississauga in Mississauga, ON
in 2022. Then following info is about this job.
About the job
Req ID: 21325
Vacancy Type: Part-Time
Number of Positions: 2
Closing Date: 05/10/2022
Timely preparation of food in the kitchen following specific recipes set by the Chef/Supervisor. Appropriate presentation of food and maintaining the cleanliness of all areas of the kitchen.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow specific recipes set by the Chef, Sous Chef/ Cook 1 or Supervisor
- Maintain cost of goods sold/portion levels
- Preparation of food for a la carte menu
- Prepare food platters and salads for service under the direction of the Head Chef, Sous Chef and Cook 1
- Proper storage of goods received and rotating products to maintain freshness.
- Monitor inventory and all par stock levels (FIFO First In First Out)
- Proper downsizing and labelling dates of all products
- Inspect all areas of the kitchen making sure it’s a safe environment to work in.
- Make sure all equipment is in running order (Ex. Gas Units and Refrigeration)
- Make sure that the dish area is clean and tidy
- Making sure that all food equipment is properly cleaned and organizing all walk in coolers
- Adhering to proper procedures for cleaning dishes and kitchen utensils (wash, rinse and sanitize)
Skills And Qualifications
- One year minimum culinary experience and/or formal training with strong food preparation, cooking and presentation skills
- A clear understanding of Health and Safety standards as they pertain to food
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Smart Serve certification
- Emergency First Aid – CPR B Certificate
- Lifting of heavy objects and exposure to heat (burns) and sharp objects (knives)
- Primarily office environment
Hourly Rate/Salary: 16.61 – 19.83
Hours of Work: up to 40
Work Location: 201 City Centre Drive
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Recreation Division , South District
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
COVID-19 Update: As per the City’s Employee and Volunteer COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of a creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day.
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Company: City of Mississauga
Vacancy Type: Part-time · Entry level
Job Location: Mississauga, ON
Application Deadline: N/A