This listing is about Citizens in Monroeville, PA
About the job
Starting Salary: $16 / hour and up
Transactions aren’t at the heart of banking — relationships are. That’s why we’re not looking for just any teller. We’re looking for Citizens Tellers. What sets these colleagues apart? You look customers in the eye and greet them in the branch lobby with a smile — just like you would a friend or a neighbor. Whether you’re processing transactions or collaborating with your branch team to meet a customer’s needs, you provide a memorable, meaningful experience to every customer, every day.
Are you a great listener? Do you enjoy meeting new people or strengthening existing relationships? If so, you’re Made Ready to be a Citizens Teller. It takes an energetic attitude, an ability to listen intently and a desire to get to know your customers — who they are, what they need, which ones want to get in and out quickly vs. those who want to catch up. Using your knowledge of our award-winning mobile app and online banking options, you’ll simplify banking for your customers. You will confidently cash checks, process withdrawals and deposits. You pride yourself in giving every customer the level of care they deserve, including referring them to the right banker who can handle more complex requests.
What You’ll Do
- Be the face of Citizens; be professional, friendly and helpful with every interaction
- Welcome customers when they walk into the branch
- Talk with customers in the lobby — and the teller line — to understand the purpose of their visit
- Make customers feel cared for while you process transactions
- Introduce customers to new, more efficiently ways of banking like mobile, online and ATMs
- Build relationships with customers so you can anticipate their financial needs
- Introduce customers to a banker when more complex requests arise
- Comply with all financial policies and procedures, state and local laws and regulations
- Take advantage of training and coaching to grow into a Citizens Banker or another exciting role
- Bring your positive energy and confidence to Citizens and its customers every day
What You’ll Get
- Meaningful work & relationships – You’ll help customers with important financial decisions that impact their lives like building a business, buying a house, paying for school or helping them realize their long-term financial goals. Colleagues and leadership listen to your ideas and feedback.
- Commitment to community – You’ll flourish in a diverse, friendly and supportive workplace that lets you give back to the community through volunteering and donating to causes that are important to you
- Recognition & reward – You’ll see your hard work rewarded with promotion, growth and new opportunities
- Training & development – You’ll grow your career through training, coaching, career planning and development that will enable you to branch off in any direction your talents and interests take you
- Exceptional benefits – You’ll have access to medical and dental insurance, a 401K with corporate match, tuition assistance and discounts on student loan refinancing. You’ll also get a discount on thousands of gyms, studios and fitness centers.
- High School degree or GED required
- Minimum of 1 year cash handling experience in a retail or banking environment
- Minimum of 1 year demonstrated customer experience, recommending and referring products and services to customers
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Ability to effectively ask questions and identify needs to enhance the customer relationship
- Commitment to build relationships through in-person customer interactions
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions to customer issues
- Comfortable with using digital technology to support the delivery of business goals
- Ability to build strong relationships with teammates, business partners and specialists through collaboration
- Energetic, detail-oriented and ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to work branch hours, which can include weekends and evenings
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Varies with branch needs and may include weekends and evenings
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates. 221761
Job Location: Monroeville, PA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com