Website CIBC US
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about CIBC US in Chicago, IL
About the job
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
- Responsibilities to include completing assigned compliance and risk management improvement processes that further advance improvements implemented in summer 2021.
- The goal is to standardized the CRA Investments portfolio electronic files within product type and monitoring requirements, which will improve portfolio oversight and management, resulting in improved risk management and management reporting for the growing CRA investments portfolio.
- Special project assignments may include geographic analysis to assess the investment portfolio impact and portfolio company investments and real estate project data gathering and formatting for SBICs and LIHTC investments.
- Microsoft office, advanced excel
- Excellent organizational skills and written and verbal communications skills to work in a small team with frequent exposure to executive level management, investors, and agencies that are influential to CIBC’s community relations and reputation in all markets.
Our CIBC risk culture is based on employees striving to exceed the expectations of ourselves and our leadership’s identification and mitigation of risks in their daily responsibilities, not just in quarterly or annual monitoring/assessments. We all are accountable for managing risk.
- As an employee of CIBC the incumbent must conduct themselves (and foster an environment for others) in a manner consistent with our strong risk culture. This includes:
- Following all aspects of the CIBC Code of Conduct, as well as all applicable CIBC policies, frameworks, guidelines, processes and controls
- At all times acting in accordance with our Purpose and shared values, to achieve our Bank’s strategic goals
- Understanding and following the qualitative and quantitative components of our Risk Appetite Statements
- Completing all annual Corporate Mandatory Training and Testing modules, as well as any additional business-specific modules, as required and employing the learnings in daily activities and undertakings
- Escalating matters through one of the appropriate channels identified in the CIBC Code of Conduct (i.e., HR, management, Ethics Hotline, Whistleblower, etc.) upon observing activities that may be inconsistent with CIBC’s policies, frameworks, guidelines, processes and controls
- Speaking up if witnessing behaviors that drive poor or unfair outcomes for clients, team members or other stakeholders
- Escalating matters that can result in adverse market practices and outcomes, thereby negatively impacting CIBC’s reputation as a leading financial institution
What You Need To Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact [email protected]
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- CIBC is committed to doing our part to protect our team, our clients and our communities. We want to ensure we have a safe and healthy workplace, and we want to do our part to get through this pandemic. In keeping with this commitment, and as a condition of employment, CIBC requires all successful candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date, or provide written proof of a medical exemption, or other substantiated accommodation request under applicable human rights legislation.
IL-120 S LaSalle St
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Company: CIBC US
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Internship
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org