Website State of Iowa Executive Branch
This Job listing is about State of Iowa Executive Branch in Dubuque, IA 2022 exclusively on q4jobs.com
Do you have a passion for helping others and want to make a significant impact in what you do? The Iowa Department of Health and Human Services has the perfect job for you as a Child Support Case Manager (Child Support Recovery Officer). We’re dedicated to guiding Iowa families in providing vital financial and emotional support for their children. As part of our team, you’ll play a crucial role in establishing, enforcing, and monitoring child and medical support orders, ensuring the well-being of children across the state.
What We Provide
- We have a growing, diverse, and inclusive team environment.
- Convenient office location in downtown Dubuque near shopping, gas, recreational areas, banking services and multiple restaurant options.
- Hours are Monday – Friday 8:00am -4:30 pm, with a hybrid work environment after full training period.
The State of Iowa offers a great total compensation package including:
- Iowa Public Employees’ Retirement System (IPERS)
- Retirement Investors Club (RIC) (Employee Sponsored Retirement Plan)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation Leave (96 hours/year)
- Sick Leave (144 hours/year)
- Paid Holidays (9 days/year)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
As a Case Manager in our Dubuque Child Support Program, you’ll be responsible for complex case management, interacting with various community partners, and providing crucial support to families. You will encounter customers who may be reluctant to cooperate with Child Support so the ability to provide conflict resolution, while maintaining your composure is imperative. Overall, we’re seeking someone who is a positive, respectful, a quick learner and is passionate about supporting families throughout their journey.
Some Of Your Key Responsibilities Will Include
- Independently analyzing complex case situations and legal scenarios
- Effectively communicating with customers via phone, email, and written correspondence
- Building strong relationships with parents to ensure their success
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills and prioritize tasks efficiently
- Exercise positive conflict resolution by using active listening skills
- Maintain extreme accuracy in all aspects of casework
- Utilize excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adapt to work pressures and changing situations with ease
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
What are we looking for in our ideal candidate?
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability/willingness to learn new software
- Familiarity with relevant laws, policies, and procedures
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Someone that is able to travel occasionally
If you’re motivated, compassionate, and ready to make a difference, apply now to join our dynamic team at Child Support! Here you can find a career with purpose and help us support Iowa families and shape a brighter future for children in our state.
Additional Qualification Requirements
This position requires the completion and successful passing of a criminal and IRS background check, including fingerprinting.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to fully complete ALL employment and education fields within the online application. The application is the primary record for determining your eligibility for employment. Do not use SEE RESUME in the application fields. We encourage you to attach a resume and cover letter to provide information in a different format, but your resume should never include information that is not contained in the application fields. Our agency uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Applicants must meet at least one of the following minimum requirements to qualify for positions in this job classification:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with an associate’s degree in any field, and experience equal to one year of full-time public contact work.
- A total of three years of education and/or full-time experience (as described in number one), where thirty semester hours of accredited college or university coursework in any field equals one year of full-time experience.
- Current, continuous experience in the state executive branch that includes eighteen months of full-time public contact work.
- Current, continuous experience in the state executive branch that includes one year of full-time work with Child Support Services.
For additional information, please click on this link to view the job description .