Website Chicago Black Gay Men's Caucus
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Chicago Black Gay Mens Caucus in Chicago, IL
About the job
Chicago Black Gay Men’s Caucus (CBGMC) is seeking a full-time Program Specialist to support the agency’s outreach and community programming. The position will primarily support the agency’s outreach and HIV awareness initiatives and focus on engaging a wide range of gay black men throughout the Chicagoland and surrounding areas. Technical duties including marketing and direct communications to community partners, attending and coordinating discussions with expert panelists and targeted engagement events, and working with program leadership to implement agency activities and impact. The program specialist, under supervision of the program manager, will support direct HIV prevention work including screening, testing, and result delivery for program participants.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their ability to coordinate comprehensive programming that focuses on promoting safe spaces for black MSM community members. The essence of our agency programming is community mobilization and empowerment while creating a process by which all LGTBQ+ men encourage each other to have honest conversations about sex and intimacy. The role will support the full lifecycle of designated projects including the development, implementation, and evaluation phases. This position will also support additional duties as assigned. The program specialist will ensure the technical aspects of programming, such as purchase requests, collecting important documentation, and participant engagement are happening regularly and as efficiently as possible. Previous experience in nonprofits or the social sector is a plus.
MORE ABOUT OUR AGENCY
The mission of CBGMC is to advance health equity among Black gay, bisexual and same gender loving men by developing community-centered leadership and innovative programs. Our philosophy is that preventing new HIV infections and ensuring healthcare engagement for those living with HIV can only succeed through community-informed models of work.
Programming & Events (60% worktime)
● Participate in the design and preparation of outreach activities.
● Recruit young gay and bisexual men to participate in peer outreach activities.
Organize and facilitate weekly and monthly meetings and group workshops for young gay and bisexual men.
● Participate in the development of safer sex educational materials.
● Attend Project staff meetings and participate in community advisory board meetings.
● Keep records of outreach activities.
Public Relations (30% worktime)
● Update online platforms, including website, e-newsletter, Facebook, TikTok, and Instagram to raise awareness of program information.
● Document program events and meetings through photo and video
● Maintain multimedia database to support production of marketing collateral.
Administration & Operations (10% worktime)
● Assist in preparing staff reports, tracking consultant time, and processing payments.
● Rewrite, format, and proofread resource listings, curriculums, and marketing materials.
● Support basic office operations such as message triage and filing.
● Submit reports and tasks log using project management software.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in human services, organizational development, and public health or equivalent work experience
● At least 2 years of experience working within the gay black men community.
● At least 2 years of experience in clerical work
● Certification and experience administering HIV testing preferred***
● Basic knowledge of HIV epidemic, epidemiology, and social determinants of health as related to impact on Black gay, bisexual, and same gender loving men
● Collaborative style with the ability to work efficiently across programs, and stakeholders.
● High degree of personal initiative with ability to meet aggressive strategic goals, work independently and thrive within a creative culture***
● Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, digital platforms, and content management systems
● Excellent writing/editing skills, verbal communications, organizational and project management skills; strong leadership skills
This is a full-time position with insurance and retirement benefits, including health, dental, life, and disability.
$38,000 – $50,000 annual salary. Based on experience.
How to apply: https://www.chicagoblackgaymenscaucus.org/careers
Non-Discrimination Policy Statement
Chicago Black Gay Men’s Caucus values all employees and job candidates as unique individuals, and we welcome the variety of experiences they bring to our company. As such, we have a strict non-discrimination policy. We believe everyone should be treated equally regardless of race, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, native language, religion, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you feel that you have been discriminated against, please report to agency leadership as soon as possible. Every complaint will be appropriately investigated.
Company: Chicago Black Gay Men’s Caucus
Vacancy Type: $38,000/yr – $50,000/yr · Full-time
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com