Website Charter Dura-Bar
This Job listing For Year 2022 is about Charter DuraBar in Salisbury, NC
About the job
Charter Manufacturing is a fourth-generation family-owned business where our will to grow drives us to do it better. Join the team and become part of our family!
Learn how to run machines involved in production; specifically saws, lathes, or mills. Learn DMS’s inventory, shipping, and receiving functions. Assist in arranging transport of material to customer. Learn how to complete all paperwork and execute order confirmation, short piece receipts, and update computer.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent (GEDWorks program eligible) .
- Ability to read and understand instructions.
- Ability to learn how to use and read measuring equipment.
- Ability to adhere to safety regulations.
- Strong math skills including decimal/inch knowledge.
- Ability use basic tools, including a scale, wood saw, pneumatic nail gun, and banding equipment.
- Ability to operate a forklift truck and crane.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Basic computer proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Fully trained in all processes and procedures related to the handling of material and paperwork for Charter Wire (York, PA location only)
- Wear required safety equipment; comply with safety regulations.
- Complete all required paperwork.
- Learn basic skills necessary for data entry to computer.
- Set up, operate, and make minor adjustments on saws, lathes, and mills.
- Arrange for transportation of materials to customer.
- Use forklift truck to load trucks and store bars in the warehouse.
- Follow standard instructions and procedures.
- Store all items in an organized and orderly manner in the warehouse using the first-in first-out (FIFO) system.
- Perform warehouse housekeeping duties.
- Learn, adapt, and apply ISO procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follow Environmental, Quality and Safety Management System procedures and requirements.
- Ability to meet the essential job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation, as outlined in the job description.
Responsibilities For Supervision
- Reports to: Business specific, please update at time of posting
- Primary internal customers: Business specific, please update at time of posting
- Primary external customers: Business specific, please update at time of posting
Company: Charter Dura-Bar
Vacancy Type: Full-time · Entry level
Job Location: Salisbury, NC
Application Deadline: N/A